Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

High Driver Skill?

Started by seochogu [1965284] on in Questions & Answers.

20 replies · 430 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
21
Discussion span
→
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Fear [18877] ×1 dreadknight [47186] ×1 Dilandu [561022] ×1 The_Baron [1467784] ×1 Kaxuxo [1516155] ×1 Nesa [1815556] ×1 miros [1848626] ×1 bLiNd [2010548] ×1

seochogu [1965284]

I just started racing this month....I know there's a merit for a Driver Skill of 10.  I was just curious what is considered a high driver skill...are there players near 100?

Thanks for your answers
BeerDrinker [2140025]

2 years ago -_-

I'm sure a lot of people have a lot higher racing points

I'm sure a lot have 10.xx, and a lot more, relative to back then, have like 15-20
TealJade [1737229]

The honor bar for 10+ ds is still listed as extraordinary. If they release honor bars for higher scores, say 20 or 25, it would be interesting to see how many would have them. 
Ahab [1735214]

From 1 - 37

It would be more interesting to see the driver skill of the qualifiers for this one and past ones and the overall winners so we can see if driver skill actually consistently does anything or is just a small random chance to get a good time.




apparently going to be a article with this info some point anyway but I've got the following so far will update if anyone else replies a bunch of people for some reason want to hide it or only want it to be in paper.

Data: 68.3
the_gunners2004: 40.1
urbanmenace: 34.5
Aime: 32
CloudJumper: 30.2
dunmugmeh: 28.9
ExarionThar: 24.7
t1me: 22.2
Dottee: 22
Donco: 21.5
NickHendrix: 17.8
Iceboy: 15.2
Green_Revolver: 13
Triantos: 12.6 
Keltos: 11.9
Mercm3: 11
Ish_Joker: 10.2
anghel: 10   *Could be bullshitting*

bLiNd: All will be published today


miros: How much are you carrying on you?
miros: Don't worry, it will be in the paper soon

Fear: Id mug you, but you dont have any cash on hand

Dilandu: You will know in time, if Sugar has his way


The_Baron says:
I prefer it that way. :) it's nothing special. I appreciate the effort you put into it tho. Can't wait to see how low i am on list tho xD


Jackpot: Sugar will post later

dreadknight: they'll post it soon enough

Kaxuxo: All DS will appear today on newspaper

Cheekym0nkey, bblake17, Rogue, Mafia, Metaldog, Lindy_Lyson and Chiubiz no reply since being online.

[image: puu.sh]


Mentions: bLiNd [2010548] · Dilandu [561022] · dreadknight [47186] · Fear [18877] · Kaxuxo [1516155] · miros [1848626] · Nesa [1815556] · The_Baron [1467784]

miros [1848626]

Well, the entirety of your message asking the question was "Ahab: driver skill?".

A little courtesy may have gotten you a few more answers.

In any case, it will be in the paper.
Kayla [2031661]

I just hit 10 driver skill to get the new merit, and it took a lot of racing to get to that point. By the time I got 10 driver still I already had the merits for being in class A and having won 250 races with the same car, including a lot of 100 lap docks races over night. I would consider anyone over 10 to have a pretty high driver skill compared to most. 
Keltos [2111018]

I have 11.9 DS but still dont have the 250 wins award

Maybe becouse I never upgraded any car until I was in the middle of class B

My best car has 125 wins

I done maybe 10 or 15 custom racing
Rogue [1873490]

Lol newspaper article won't link for me. 

Nearly every qualifier for the 2017 winter PRC self reported their DS - is posted in the forums.

June 19 2018 URT article had DS from all those racers.

Article coming out today supposedly will have all the current entrants. I don't think Ahab's list is 100% accurate, pretty sure anghel is closer to 25 or 30.

I've got a big list of self reported DS from forums and the paper along with the approximate date of the post. There is definitely a correlation:
  • Between DS and average lap time
  • Between DS and fastest lap time
And why isn't this thread under the racing forum? We get a DS thread from time to time, would be good to have it under racing. 
Ahab [1735214]

If people want to bullshit instead of telling the truth not much I can do, I added a bullshit warning for their entry, is weird people want to keep it secret as it does nothing (maybe they are using it to rip people out of money who knows)

"Article coming out today supposedly"
Running out of today