Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

grave.

Started by Vulture [2169837] on in Suggestions.

50 replies · 725 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 51 / 51 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
51
Discussion span
→
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
46 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Vulture [2169837]
I've seen too many players quit Torn after having a bad run at the casino. Many people I've talked to didn't even know that self banning themselves was an option.

Public Service Announcement: You can do it, if you contact a staff member.


While I applaud the ability to self ban existing in the first place, the fact that you have to actually find a staff member and contact them makes the whole ordeal way more awkward then it has to be. Think about having to openly admit that you have a personal problem to a member of the Torn staff. It just seems like it could be better.

In casinos where I've worked, we are required by law to post "problem gambler" information at the entrances of the facilities, and give resources for those who need help.

My suggestion is to add a problem gambling resource link to that wiki page somewhere within the casino. Perhaps not right in the players face, but somewhere on the page; with that said, also allow for the player to be able to self ban themselves. This should not just be something that requires a staff member every time.


Torn currently gives the player to delete their account now, but lacks the ability to self ban from the casino. Sounds like a recipe for a lot of quitting players.

Comment your suggestions and R+ if you like the idea.

Anyway, thanks for reading.
Glimph [1950707]
I agree with this. I've seen too many noobies who start off well but then get disheartened.. and there's no way I'll help them financially unless they self ban, which they never do..
Vulture [2169837]
That's exactly what I've seen as well. Players that end up losing a lot and feeling guilty about it. On top of that they immediately feel like they caused everyone else harm so they won't even talk about it. Or like you said, they never self ban. I feel like it's too many hoops to jump through to contact a staff member. It doesn't give a specific resource for who you're even supposed to contact, so I guess they just want the player to figure it out on their own.

It just sucks to lose players to something like this.
Ac3to [2196357]
I agree with this; I've thought about self-banning before but having to ask someone to ban you feels like admitting weakness; instead I tell myself 'I can just stop myself from gambling!'.

If I could make the decision and take the action myself I'd feel more proactive than defeated, oddly enough. Sorta like putting in a bank investment; you decide to do it, you click it, then don't think about it for however many months.

And it's also like a bank investment in the sense that a casino ban is keeping your money safe, really...
Vulture [2169837]
Believe it or not there are other people in this world that aren't capable of the same level of restraint like you. I know this is shocking.