30 replies · 961 views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:31 / 31 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
31
Discussion span
→
Authority score
66 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
narO[2312928]
· 11 likes · Age means literally nothing and most people do not actually care about it.
IditarodGuy[2675976] · 8 likes · Why would you close your account and start over?
4n4rchist[1905520]
· 7 likes · Obligatory 'can I have your stuff?'
Just wondering, I'd like to shed some light on this because it's not discussed anywhere unless someone could post the link. If I closed my account, and made a new one, what are the don'ts?
Reason why I ask, me and my friend are thinking of creating a faction, but if I close my account and make a new one am I able to join the faction and become a co-leader?
We want to buy a faction, considering he will be leader that'll mean I'll have to send him half the money for the faction. If I do that and then reset my account does that mean he can't give me a single dollar forever? Althought I only gave money to fund the faction cost?
The account closure process is described here: https://wiki.torn.com/wiki/Account_Closure. You must wait the full 14 days and complete the closure process prior to starting a new account. You can’t transfer and money or items from your old account to your new, and you can’t send money/items to another person to hold for your new account.
I can't give you a true ruling on that scenario, but buying somthing on one account, then closing the account to use the thing you bought on a second account sounds like it would break torn rules to me.
Why bother restarting? Just do better with the account you have
Don't let that discourage you! One of the great things about Torn is that you can bounce back from anything. Find a good faction, make some friends, Focus on Gym training :) You probably have an advantage being in Torn so long because you have more Merits because of it!
Focus on your own gameplay and try not to compare yourself to others. Torn is meant to be fun, you can play however you'd like! ^_^
Yikes. Who seriously would come back after 2 weeks to do an additional action just to close account, again. ?? I can’t imagine coming back to a site 2 weeks later after I originally sought to close it.
The easy answer, if you are determined to restart, is -- don't send your friend money for the faction. Just restart and lose whatever money you have. Once you restart, there's no issues sharing money (though you won't have any).
Though the better answer is -- don't restart.
There are 88,000 accounts active in the last four months, excluding fedded accounts and ones started but never played. On any particular day, we've got about 30,000 playing. No one is going to pay much attention to your account.
There are plenty of players -- even ones level 100 today -- who left the game for years and so seem "behind" for their age. It doesn't matter.