In a couple of months, I will be turning the big 3-0! I am wanting to do something that I have never done before and that is kind of crazy So I thought that skydiving would be an exciting rush. Lol!!! Is there anyone that has ever done it before and what are your thoughts?
Skydiving!!!
Started by SSB [1551642] on in General Non-related.
About this thread
Posts archived: 40 / 40 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 40
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 41 / 100
- Historical score
- 23 / 100
- Story score
- 49 / 100
- Engagement score
- 67 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- megalomaniacal [1542618] Committee
· 1 likes ·
the thought of it makes me want to freak out haa haa. i dont even like jumping out of planes in grand theft auto cause it makes me uncomfortable lol.
Mentioned in this thread
Ali [1445620] ×7 SSB [1551642] ×6 Beerstein [1322136] ×4 Bueno_Excelente [34014] ×2 Unknown_Element [450910] ×2 Gogs247 [1531870] ×2 SeaLion [250755] ×1 Shinnster [528781] ×1
In a couple of months, I will be turning the big 3-0! I am wanting to do something that I have never done before and that is kind of crazy So I thought that skydiving would be an exciting rush. Lol!!! Is there anyone that has ever done it before and what are your thoughts?
i dont recommend it. there is always that chance that whoever packed your shute might not have had their coffee that morning.
go freediving or snorkling. keep it on the ground lol
Skydiving?
I think I prefer motorboating.
Bueno_Excelente [34014]Skydiving?
I think I prefer motorboating.
Definitely motorboating. Some of my best mammaries er.. I mean memories are from days spent motorboating.
Mentions: Bueno_Excelente [34014]
You mean have I ever jumped out of a plane with another fine young gentleman strapped to my back praying that he doesn't forget its his turn to pull the cord as we plummet towards earth? Nope.
i prefer muff diving
UnknownElement [450910]i prefer muff diving
Stay classy.
OT: Never have, never would jump out of a plane.
Mentions: Unknown_Element [450910]
UnknownElement [450910]i prefer muff diving
No innuendo necessary. Just straight out with it then. That takes style for which I salute you sir. xD
Mentions: Unknown_Element [450910]
Have done over 50 jumps. Love it. If you like adrenalin rushes then nothing beats it.
Go for it
Am I the only one that doesn't think skydiving is "crazy" or even slightly unsafe?
Beerstein [1322136]Am I the only one that doesn't think skydiving is "crazy" or even slightly unsafe?
Crazy? Possibly....... Unsafe? Not really, not if you are trained well and have good kit. There is always an element of risk from throwing yourself out of an aeroplane at 15,000ft !!
Mentions: Beerstein [1322136]
Beerstein [1322136]Am I the only one that doesn't think skydiving is "crazy" or even slightly unsafe?
Yes.
OP, go zip lining.
Mentions: Beerstein [1322136]
Beerstein [1322136]Am I the only one that doesn't think skydiving is "crazy" or even slightly unsafe?
Surprise-motorboating is far, far riskier.
[image: media.giphy.com]
Mentions: Beerstein [1322136]
Bueno_Excelente [34014]Beerstein [1322136]Am I the only one that doesn't think skydiving is "crazy" or even slightly unsafe?
Surprise-motorboating is far, far riskier.
[image: media.giphy.com]
Well I am strongly wanting to skydive. one of my friends has said that he would jump too. I just have to get past never flying in a plane before and being scared to death of heights. I have a couple of months to get myself prepared for it Though. Lol!!!
Mentions: Beerstein [1322136] · Bueno_Excelente [34014]
i've always wanted to skydive will be on my bucket list for when im old though won't be doing it anytime soon.
Also want to do a the many things said on this forum, even free diving!
One of my friends does skydiving on a regular basis and it's her biggest hobby. She loves it!
If it's something that you want to do, then I say go for it.
Skydiving would be fun. I have a family friend that had a bad chute, but he lived. Hit a tree, and then down branches, into bushes. Broke his fall, but he had some broken bones. I would still go even after seeing him.
SeaLion [250755]
Skydiving would be fun. I have a family friend that had a bad chute, but he lived. Hit a tree, and then down branches, into bushes. Broke his fall, but he had some broken bones. I would still go even after seeing him.
I'm glad that he serviced that But does he still skydive after that Happening?
Mentions: SeaLion [250755]
blue_eyed_angel [1551642]SeaLion [250755]
Skydiving would be fun. I have a family friend that had a bad chute, but he lived. Hit a tree, and then down branches, into bushes. Broke his fall, but he had some broken bones. I would still go even after seeing him.
I'm glad that he serviced that But does he still skydive after that Happening?
Naturally no. He has developed quite the fear of it actually. Still has some back problems, and gained a little weight due to lack of mobility. He knows and will tell you it was just a freak accident, but he cannot bring himself to jump again. He did not try to discourage me from it, he used to go a lot, and really finds it fun.
Are you SURE you wouldn't rather try motorboating? I wouldn't want to go skydiving in Canada about now:
Three fatal accidents in a year at the same place?
Or Poland for that matter:
I mean, come on! I think we can assume they were all wearing parachutes... (it's too soon, btw - no Polish jokes)