Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Skydiving!!!

Started by SSB [1551642] on in General Non-related.

39 replies · 273 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 40 / 40 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
40
Discussion span
→
Authority score
41 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Ali [1445620] ×7 SSB [1551642] ×6 Beerstein [1322136] ×4 Bueno_Excelente [34014] ×2 Unknown_Element [450910] ×2 Gogs247 [1531870] ×2 SeaLion [250755] ×1 Shinnster [528781] ×1

SSB [1551642]

In a couple of months, I will be turning the big 3-0! I am wanting to do something that I have never done before and that is kind of crazy So I thought that skydiving would be an exciting rush. Lol!!! Is there anyone that has ever done it before and what are your thoughts?
Unknown_Element [450910]

i dont recommend it. there is always that chance that whoever packed your shute might not have had their coffee that morning.

go freediving or snorkling. keep it on the ground lol
CravenTHC [1569996]
Bueno_Excelente [34014]

Skydiving?

I think I prefer motorboating.

Definitely motorboating. Some of my best mammaries er.. I mean memories are from days spent motorboating.

Mentions: Bueno_Excelente [34014]

Artiq [475603]

You mean have I ever jumped out of a plane with another fine young gentleman strapped to my back praying that he doesn't forget its his turn to pull the cord as we plummet towards earth? Nope.

Gogs247 [1531870]
Beerstein [1322136]Am I the only one that doesn't think skydiving is "crazy" or even slightly unsafe?

Crazy? Possibly....... Unsafe? Not really, not if you are trained well and have good kit. There is always an element of risk from throwing yourself out of an aeroplane at 15,000ft !!


Mentions: Beerstein [1322136]

SSB [1551642]
Bueno_Excelente [34014]
Beerstein [1322136]Am I the only one that doesn't think skydiving is "crazy" or even slightly unsafe?

Surprise-motorboating is far, far riskier.

[image: media.giphy.com]

Well I am strongly wanting to skydive. one of my friends has said that he would jump too. I just have to get past never flying in a plane before and being scared to death of heights. I have a couple of months to get myself prepared for it Though. Lol!!!

Mentions: Beerstein [1322136] · Bueno_Excelente [34014]

Darthbong [309951]

i've always wanted to skydive will be on my bucket list for when im old though won't be doing it anytime soon.

Also want to do a the many things said on this forum, even free diving!
Becceh [847034]

One of my friends does skydiving on a regular basis and it's her biggest hobby. She loves it!

If it's something that you want to do, then I say go for it.
SeaLion [250755]

Skydiving would be fun. I have a family friend that had a bad chute, but he lived. Hit a tree, and then down branches, into bushes. Broke his fall, but he had some broken bones. I would still go even after seeing him.
SSB [1551642]

SeaLion [250755]


Skydiving would be fun. I have a family friend that had a bad chute, but he lived. Hit a tree, and then down branches, into bushes. Broke his fall, but he had some broken bones. I would still go even after seeing him.

I'm glad that he serviced that But does he still skydive after that Happening?

Mentions: SeaLion [250755]

SeaLion [250755]
blue_eyed_angel [1551642]SeaLion [250755]


Skydiving would be fun. I have a family friend that had a bad chute, but he lived. Hit a tree, and then down branches, into bushes. Broke his fall, but he had some broken bones. I would still go even after seeing him.

I'm glad that he serviced that But does he still skydive after that Happening?


Naturally no. He has developed quite the fear of it actually. Still has some back problems, and gained a little weight due to lack of mobility. He knows and will tell you it was just a freak accident, but he cannot bring himself to jump again. He did not try to discourage me from it, he used to go a lot, and really finds it fun.

Mentions: SeaLion [250755] · SSB [1551642]