Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mugging

Started by Blackjack-x [981452] on in General Discussion.

55 replies · 2.15k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 56 / 56 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
56
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
62 / 100
Engagement score
76 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

ttyper [74099] ×1 David [132845] ×1 edy25 [1329342] ×1

Blackjack-x [981452]

The current mugging system is designed to reduce the frequency of mugs and a less viable option for making money.


This seems to be favouring non-muggers

this is a crime game, and nerfing mugging is basically turning into a game where there is no risk.
I understand ched did this to stop Rage Quits

what do people think of this

I would like to say, i may be biased as this is my opinion
and i dont play torn, i used to log in only to mug and gamble the money




Rumpus [1513410]

Crappy vote options - leading answers.

I for one like the update. It doesn't reduce the game to daisies and roses, no way. Just be patient, wait your 12 hours and then rinse the guy. There's plenty of people out there to mug, why target one person?
JollyGarcia [494677]

I'm not even going to touch the questions you made, but just because you can't mug/revive someone dry doesn't mean you can't make money with the new system. Since it's came out I've made over a bil, I can't really complain.

I have 1 complaint about it and it has to do with canceling a trade and mugging them.

Otherwise it gives a much larger percent per mug. God forbid you forgot to turn off revives in the old system you wouldn't have any money left in a couple of minutes/hours. Now at least you'll have the cash for a couple of days, even weeks and the mugger uses a fraction of the energy he would have used in the old system.

If you want to talk about downsides of the new mugging system just see what it did to trading. It's made trading much more difficult.
McDallas [14757]

I love the new system, and eventhough it too comes with downsides, I consider it an improvement to the old system.

Your poll is ridiculous btw.
dccrew3 [1850794]

ouch... well the new system is actually aimed towards muggers OP... there was a reverse-nerf on mugging pct. that gold akf7 didnt do too much for ya huh
LimeTree [1321200]

It has made mugging less of a cult and more something everyone can do with little time/effort. I still make the same amount of money, but it's way less fun.
Nukem [1063346]

Was nothing wrong with the old mug system apart from those who did not know how to store cash.

Why should people be protected if they are too dim to hide their money.
mug [553318] Committee Committee

mugging is still viable.... it's less viable for people that didn't suck at it before hand. Only reason i dont like the new system is because it isn't as good as it used to, you can still mug a billion a month but that's too little for me to bother with the effort. A lot of people mug roughly 1b now each month. Also i don't like the new system since i was closing in on the top 50 muggers, and the new top 50 are double what im at now :/

you can't mug as much as you used to but you can still mug a decent bit.

when the system first came out though everyone abused it and a lot shot up 5-10 billion in mugging in only a month. lot of dry targets out there now.
mug [553318] Committee Committee

:*) good old rape mugging. Brings back good memories. Back then though torn had a lot more players so I didn't feel bad, now if i did that i'd be thinking to myself that i'm going to kill the game :S

I made 3 people quit from taking everything they had :S

I assume this is why mugging was changed.
Penicillin [1517799] Committee Committee

OP doesn't know what he is talking about and his poll choices are stupid. Maybe he is one of the ones that had a mugging script and therefore the update appears like a nerf to him.
KPCSlor [1557404]

I'm far more concerned about getting mugged now than before.

Only difference is you have to find your own mug targets instead of jumping on someone else's target. Update was a win - win for muggers and non muggers. Only losers were the lazy muggers who shouldn't be rewarded
TheDarkLegacy [1712562]

Nerfed? It wasn't nerfed, you get like 10% of someone's money in a single attack.

Trading isn't even worth it now, people can just empty your wallet in seconds.
Hopslam [795412]

The current mugging system is designed to reduce the frequency of mugs and a less viable option for making money.
Na, you can mug as frequently as before, just not the same target over and over
And it's probably more of a viable option for making money for the average player than before


This seems to be favouring non-muggers
Hard to say if it favors muggers vs non-muggers or not. Non-muggers is a very broad term in terms of play style.

this is a crime game, and nerfing mugging is basically turning into a game where there is no risk.
I understand ched did this to stop Rage Quits
There is huge risk still. Especially for active traders in game. You could be online, super active, and completely ready; but someone can buy high value item or items from bazaar (as just one example), and immediately mug for more than the profit on selling the item. Yes, there are safeguards against that too, so it's possible to avoid the risk or mitigate it.
I do agree that this would help stop rage quits, someone going offline for 5 days and getting mugged 100+ times, would be understandable for one to quit (I suppose.... depending on their maturity/personality :P)

what do people think of this

I would like to say, i may be biased as this is my opinion
and i dont play torn, i used to log in only to mug and gamble the money
"i used to log in only to mug and gamble the money" - I would think this update wouldn't have any impact on you're particular style of play; it just changed the way to go about it.


tonystark [1544245]

lol may be u appear on the top of the search page.. by the way when i was lvl 9, my largest mugged is scary (Largest mug:$294,116,956)