Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

New BJ

Started by Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor on in General Discussion.

124 replies · 1.93k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 125 / 125 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
125
Discussion span
→
Authority score
63 / 100
Historical score
46 / 100
Story score
64 / 100
Engagement score
79 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

No I'm not offering up my services.

New blackjack out! 'Will finally put an end to blackjack is rigged cries.. '
Complete with sounds, animations, and a new honour! (someone post if you get it.. )
First hand: I had twenty, dealer had 21! NEW BLACKJACK IS RIGGED WAAAAAAAHH


In all seriousness outcomes seem pretty fair, although I never really played blackjack on the old system. I like the feel of it, just got the honour!

To get the honour Twenty-One:
- Win on double down (just click double down, it will double your bet and give another card
- Win natural (get given Ace and Picture/Ten essentially)
- Win 5 Card Charlie (keep 5 cards without going bust)
- Win Insurance (click when dealer shows ace, if he then wins natural you win the insurance bet)
Matt [850391]
Fatal error: Class 'blackjackPlayerClass' not found in /torncity/html/casino/modules/blackjack/classes/blackjackDealer.class.php on line 7



Off to a good start...
hill007 [1616770]
Fatal error: Class 'blackjackPlayerClass' not found in /torncity/html/casino/modules/blackjack/classes/blackjackDealer.class.php on line 7

it doesn't work yet
IceBlueFire [776] Officer Officer

I already got the new honor bar >.> Took literally 20 tokens xD

You have 55 casino tokens and a current streak of $-135



Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

ACK. I know that for Insurance is when the dealer is showing an Ace, after that do you just have to win the hand normally?
IceBlueFire [776] Officer Officer

The insurance you just have to call it correctly. You get the option when the dealer shows an Ace, and they just have to have a 10/face card under there and you get credit for it.
TheDarkLegacy [1712562]

Damn it ched, how am I supposed to make GD threads if I only get told there is an update when I log in and out?!?!?!?

EDIT: I'm actually getting great cards, I've won every time so far. Weird.

Still not going to bet any meaningful amounts of money though.
Blexi [1458703]

14 for me :D

Conditions for this honor:
Natural: Win with Ace + 10/J/Q/K in starting hand
Five Card Charlie: Hit three times without getting bust and win
Double down: Win when using Double Down (double the bet while hitting exactly one more card)
Insurance: Use Insurance when the dealer has an Ace and predict correctly that he gets a natural (i.e. another 10/J/Q/K)
Rune_ [1583524]

I dont know about you guys, but i think the devs couldve spent better time on other things than renewing the blackjack.
Although i like the new honour, the old black jack system was just fine considering this is a text based game..
IceBlueFire [776] Officer Officer

There's more than one developer working on things. Just because blackjack got updated, doesn't mean other updates came to a complete stop. Don't you worry. There's plenty in the pipeline.
JimmyJames [581165]

This must have been designed by the same guy who made poker... Why not get someone who actually knows the rules to these games to help?
David [132845]

Yay! New honour bar! And it was quite easy to get :D

I'll use this one till it's no longer extremely rare, then I'll revert to my usual one...