Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Items Finding 2.1

Started by kyle8048 [488020] on in General Discussion.

141 replies · 2.86k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 142 / 142 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
142
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
46 / 100
Story score
65 / 100
Engagement score
81 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

mrmuskrat [1863650] ×1

kyle8048 [488020]

New items finding as per announcement

"Citizens,

Based on feedback and committee discussions, we've made the following changes...

- Items in the city are now larger and appear on all three zoom levels inside pinpoints.
- Generic low value items are now less likely to spawn.
- High value items (I.e. Like Dumbbells) are now far more likely to spawn."


I think this could be good. More SE's is never a bad thing. Will make awareness better and make people actually excited about items finds
Hobbie [443763]

Hopefully this combines the interactivity of searching through the city (as opposed to random events) with not-straining-your-eyes squinting after tiny objects. Everyone's a winner!
kyle8048 [488020]

Hazmat suits OP plz nerf

I'd like to see hazmat suits maybe only reduce radiation poisoning by 50-70% or so.
KPCSlor [1557404]

Great work Ched and Committee!

Anything that requires 2+ scripts to make it fictional definitely needed a 2.1 upgrade! 9/10 awareness and I found one SE when it first came out and very few high value items since.



1875860 [1875860]

Does this mean 10/10 awareness could be worthwhile again?

Also, will items spawn when I would go offline for say 50 days, or is it related to city clicking like the old system?
Td3h [1785428]

Praised be Chedburn! The previous finding system was just horrible. Glad to have a system that is actually good.
Hopslam [795412]

yes. the excitement of finding items in the city quickly diminished as soon as the map method came out. I went from check daily those first few days, to checking weekly once it was discussed that items didn't disappear, to checking every 2 weeks, to lately only checking every 3-4 weeks. It was a pain.
1875860 [1875860]

So the whole concept of items 'spawning over time' is a myth? I'm glad to have figured this out before spending 10/10 on awareness.
kyle8048 [488020]

I can pretty much guarantee SE's won't get cheaper. There is substantial demand. So many players are getting to a point SE's are more viable than cans or fhc. They won't go below 430 each.
Cartman [1621675]

It's still an extremely rare chance of an SE spawning, just less rare than what it used to be, so hopefully price won't be affected much.