Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Items Finding 2.1

Started by kyle8048 [488020] on in General Discussion.

141 replies · 2.86k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 142 / 142 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

manic [1554958]

Compared to the "oh look, I've got a random event" old way?

Between Sept 12 - Jul 14 I found 70 (3 per month)
Between Jul 14 - Mar 15 I found 150 (16 per month)

I know which I prefer.

Shame 99% have been of poor value. By the sounds this as been updated though, which is good.
kyle8048 [488020]

stops radiation but doesn't actually have any protection against the explosion. It's only an idea if they come down a bit in price. Currently at 2.2b in the market I think it's fine.
TheCheesinater [1629870]

I was the opposite. I use to get roughly 2-3 a day on the old system.

I prefer the old way, since i could get items without doing anything, new way i have to do a slight bit of work xD

I got rid of all my awareness because of the new system, might actually put a few merits back on it
kyle8048 [488020]

The system hasn't actually changed though. The only differences are the fact that you have to go to the map to pick them up and some items you can find were added.
TheCheesinater [1629870]

The main thing is the spawn rate for me, I'm averaging at 59 hours per item. Its good for the people who never got items in the old system, but the players who got items, it's killed it.
kyle8048 [488020]

It should be the same people getting items on both systems. Maybe it's the fact you got rid of the awareness, maybe you go into the city less now, maybe you have a ton of items on your map currently that you have just missed (happened to me when I used the item finding script by aquaregis)

Either way, it's the same thing that makes items spawn.
Liam [786585]

Great news! I haven't found any items above the value of 20m since the update and I have 10/10 awareness. Hopefully these new changes will help.
Dirk [684622]

This is awesome news. I got so impatient with the old map i would never bother trying to find items anymore. The fact there are more rare items will open the game up to new people. Yes higher stat players will benefit from the price drop but it will make people work harder, wars will become more fun. Did i mention people will have more money to gamble. ;D
Porny [604593]

I found 23 items, nothing good, but items were clearer to see, and easy to pick up. Thumbs up from me, i might search the city a little more now, great work Ched and co.
Hopslam [795412]

Yeah I agree. I think you're right. The number of players using SEs will likely increase. Keeping that price point up. I think the cap is pretty much there at 450m with the sports shop though. It might temporarily spike up, if sport shop actually runs out of one, and doesn't restock for a while.
animelive [1564720]

I was expecting se to increase in price in 6-12 months honestly, but this should keep them stable if not cheaper. the amount of se users are increasing these days
kyle8048 [488020]

They are limited by the sports shop. SE's won't change price unless the sports shop is changed. It's not like SE's are suddenly going to become common. Just less rare.