New items finding as per announcement
"Citizens,
Based on feedback and committee discussions, we've made the following changes...
- Items in the city are now larger and appear on all three zoom levels inside pinpoints.
- Generic low value items are now less likely to spawn.
- High value items (I.e. Like Dumbbells) are now far more likely to spawn."
I think this could be good. More SE's is never a bad thing. Will make awareness better and make people actually excited about items finds
Spawn time of items in general still suck though
Didn't even include the images!
[image: s3.amazonaws.com][image: s3.amazonaws.com]Great update, I've already tried it and the items are much easier to spot. Got a half decent pick up too for the first time.
Hopefully this combines the interactivity of searching through the city (as opposed to random events) with not-straining-your-eyes squinting after tiny objects. Everyone's a winner!
Spawn times post respo are a lot quicker than pre respo.
About time!
And now, let's go find some Hazmat suits... [:tongue:]
Hazmat suits OP plz nerf
I'd like to see hazmat suits maybe only reduce radiation poisoning by 50-70% or so.
Great work Ched and Committee!
Anything that requires 2+ scripts to make it fictional definitely needed a 2.1 upgrade! 9/10 awareness and I found one SE when it first came out and very few high value items since.
Does this mean 10/10 awareness could be worthwhile again?
Also, will items spawn when I would go offline for say 50 days, or is it related to city clicking like the old system?
Praised be Chedburn! The previous finding system was just horrible. Glad to have a system that is actually good.
It's still related to city clicks, that never changed.
Cheaper stat boosters now. :)
yes. the excitement of finding items in the city quickly diminished as soon as the map method came out. I went from check daily those first few days, to checking weekly once it was discussed that items didn't disappear, to checking every 2 weeks, to lately only checking every 3-4 weeks. It was a pain.
good for the users if so :P
not so good for the lucky ones to find them and sell on market
So the whole concept of items 'spawning over time' is a myth? I'm glad to have figured this out before spending 10/10 on awareness.
I can pretty much guarantee SE's won't get cheaper. There is substantial demand. So many players are getting to a point SE's are more viable than cans or fhc. They won't go below 430 each.
It's still an extremely rare chance of an SE spawning, just less rare than what it used to be, so hopefully price won't be affected much.
Much better system and easier on these old eyes -
Thank you committee and Ched (in that order :D )
Now I FINALLY found my Beretta xD
Eyes hurt still.
Why would someone make a hazmat suit that doesn't stop radiation?