Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Blood types

Started by RidgeRunner [518314] on in General Discussion.

19 replies · 785 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
15
Likes on archived posts
18
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

Most-liked replies

RidgeRunner [518314]

This update has been out for 7 months now. What are the opinions? Advantages? Disadvantages? Likes. Dislikes.

I like blood because it adds a little more life than morphine.

AB+ has the disadvantage of not being able to self hospital by using a non compatible blood.



ryvian [1927461]

It's cheaper to fill a blood bag and then use it on yourself for later, given the amount of hospital time reduced and life gained.

Coincidentally same blood type here as in real life.
Hopslam [795412]

It's nice to be able to build up your own stock/supply of blood bags for future use
And with the low cost of 15k for empty blood bags in pharmacy, this is a cheap med item that one has the ability to build up their own stock of.

I still use small first aid kits, in work towards 25k medical item used merit. And I still use morphine for some middle range hospital visits. I pretty much only use blood bags in faction wars.
RidgeRunner [518314]

Agree. It is pretty much the same for me with the exception of faction wars. It really sux having AB+ and not be able to self hospitalize. I am thinking about submitting a suggestion that would make at least one blood type noncompatible for AB+ for this reason alone.
Beerstein [1322136]

Never gonna happen, also I'm AB+ this update blows! xD AB+ does have the advantage of always having access to the cheapest blood bags which last I looked are cheaper than morphine though. Of course cheaper doesn't mean shit for older players.
RidgeRunner [518314]

It does not make any since. Why have one blood type that is an obvious disadvantage in comparison to the others for warring?

Since suggesting a change is a waste of time, I have to believe it was discussed before the release.
Nobody [237547]

Could always suggest a new item to poison the blood in some way, making it "Poisoned Blood Bag: A-" for example. Would have the same effect as non-compatible blood bags for the rest of us. If the item was in the price range of 5-10k it would be cheaper for everyone to to fill their own bags and poison them. Just be sure to mention me if you suggest it [:tongue:]
Rca [1860888]

Quite a good update, because of it I signed up to give blood so I could find out my real life blood type and now I give bloody regularly in real life.

My blood types do not match, it was not fate :(



Mozaleia [1871798]

well found out my in-game blood type today. B- while in life I am O+

well now I have the same blood type as my dad. made me giggle.



I like the use of blood bags, much easier and in the end cheaper than using medical kits.
Pinkie [1886343]

I don't have a clue what I am in life, Although here i'm O-, Kind of sad.. Theres so few blood bags I can use.
JustJanet [911066]

The blood type was not supposed to be a self hosp benefit. it was a side effect and it doesn't make sense to change the nature of blood compatibility because there are a few people who can't deal with the unfairness of it. Just as in life... there are things that are unfair... our job is to learn to work around it.
HULK [1825141]

Its a really nice way to self hosp and to get out of there as well. I really like the fact that you use an empty bag that your faction provides and donate it back with blood in it.
A+ in RL and in game as well. :)