Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

'Hidden' rank triggers

Started by Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor on in Tutorials & Guides.

913 replies · 41.3k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 914 / 914 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

200m total stats seemed to trigger a rank for me. But who knows, there might be some additional requirement, like a certain amount of balance for instance.
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

yeah I'm thinking it might be to do with balance here. Perhaps 50m in each stat or 200m total with a certain percentage on each stat.. things like that, I think it'd make less sense to go for total.. [:tongue:]
Butters [34298]

I highly doubt there would be any requirement for battle stat balance to any real degree in a rank trigger - that would go against Ched's stated desire to cater for different stat builds as it would be forcing players to balance their stats in some way early if they wanted to hit the rank trigger in question.

The only thing that would make some sort of sense is perhaps having at least 1 mil in each stat and reaching the required total, given that 1 mil in a battle stat is already noted as a milestone (with an award for each).
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

Ah well, I'm tracking about 10 people their stats + everyone in my faction so we'll see soon enough if battlestats is a trigger or not.. [:tongue:]
Alexstrasza [1825532]

Okay I hit level 71, and ranked up to 'Champion'. So all I missed, was my expected 20,000 crimes rank trigger. Meaning that I fulfil all but 1 of the 'hidden' rank requirements, whatever they might be.
Lvcy [1991105]

Ultrareign and I started a day apart and have almost identical stats. His battlestats are lower than mine, he's a strength whore. Also, his net worth is a lot lower than mine. Yet his rank is one higher than mine. If anyone is feeling ambitious, tear into our two profiles and try to determine why he ranked ahead of me.

Note: easy way to do this is use "compare players" in TornStats. I can also send you both sets of battle stats (his from a spy) if you like.
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

I must say after looking through each of your statistics compared to Ultrareign's, the ranking makes absolutely zero sense. Out of curiosity could you PM the battle stats?
GeorgeCostanza [1882094]

Just ranked up to Professional
-Level Holding; could've played into it
-58 days since I hit 10b NW, could be 2 day lag since I got merit
-499 Trades done
-Criminal offences:11,926
-No other numbers are near a 'round' expected rank trigger
Hopslam [795412]

you all are silly..... tho I only read first page and last page, so I may have missed a teenie tiny bit of the info discussed....

But from my limited view point here, you all are digging waaaaay too deep here and waaaay in the wrong directions

Nothing changed with the rank triggers for Level or Crimes, so there is still the 14 of the 25 rank triggers

The other 11 rank triggers are still Net Worth related, it's just the amounts have been adjusted, and for obvious reasons (explaining below)

*Old Networth System & Triggers (no longer active): $2000, $50,000, $500,000, $3,000,000, $10,000,000, $20,000,000, $50,000,000, $200,000,000, $1,000,000,000, $2,500,000,000 and $5,000,000,000.

Under the new networth system, achieving the dollar amount triggers listed above would be far too easy for many of those. There are simply still 11 net worth triggers, but the dollar amounts for the triggers are obviously going to be higher. The hidden modifier, or curveball thrown in there, is just the length of time one must hold the certain net worth amount.

Again, you all be SILLY!
Just focus in on researching what the $ amount net worth and length of time is for the new net worth triggers, forget worrying about factors like battle stats/attacks/respect and the like. Rank triggers are crimes, level, and net worth. Simple as that.

:P

And Cheers! you silly peeps.
IceBlueFire [776] Officer Officer

Not quite. In the announcement, Ched stated that there were less rank triggers from networth, and they were rebalanced, and there are now some hidden rank triggers.

I find this thread fascinating in all honest :)
Hopslam [795412]

It's hard for me to argue with you... bc you may have a bit more insight to the subject than the rest of us and enjoy letting the conspiracy theories run rampant and seeing all the research and testing going on

However, from Ched's wording in the announcement, I do disagree with you about there being less rank triggers from networth.... *unless there was any adjustment or further posting on the subject from Ched in another thread/forum*

Quote: "We've also adjusted the rank triggers. The new networth will affect your rank, but we've also added a new hidden modifier. People who've already achieved a high rank with the previous networth system will not lose it."

Adjusted the rank triggers. Added a new modifier.

~Adjusted the triggers, meaning changing the dollar amounts
~Added a new modifier, meaning an additional requirement to the new adjusted triggers
(my opinion.... meaning adding the threshold for holding that certain networth amount for a certain length of time)
Wolverine [1971836]

I think that 100 millions (or below) is one rank, and the next one is at 10 billions.

some friends got no networth trigger from 100m to 9b.

I'm confident that they got tanks at these total battle stats: 25k, 250k, 2.5m