Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

I'm quite sour on Torn.

Started by plushy [1999302] on in General Discussion.

65 replies · 1.9k views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 66 / 66 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
66
Discussion span
→
Authority score
63 / 100
Historical score
45 / 100
Story score
66 / 100
Engagement score
79 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

plushy [1999302]

Am I the only person who finds the blatant multiples problematic? I fly to Dubai only to complete with a fleet of 15 bots, who can collectively buy up 300 camel plushies.

A high paying slut opportunity appears so I slut to earn money. Then a wave of accounts absorb all of the losses - accounts with net networths of 3 million but 800 attacks.

Once I made note of a group of multiples and tracked the log ins for two days. During these two days, these accounts logged in and out simultaneously and flew to the same locations. Without exceptions. My report included these login patterns. Only three of these accounts were deleted. The other three have continued to fly in sync unabated.

I understand the need for certainty. But really Torn? I'm regretting my Subscriber status.
Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]

cant help you with the multi thing but i check travelrun and deduct a thousand an hour ie takes 2 hours to get there i assume 1500/2000 would have sold so i go if theres 3000 etc

selling in sets/trading sets for points makes it easier to be adaptable.
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

Don't worry about multis, every game has them. Let staff deal with them.

Regarding overseas items, once you get the hang of using travelrun or some other tool you will never fly to a place where there's nothing to buy.
PsycWard [1579270]

I've done the same thing, tracking log in patterns, reporting, waiting and then nothing.

I could be wrong but I think, it's not that staff doesn't want to fed these multis but they have to go by the same set of rules for everyone. I imagine they have to keep these rules pretty loose to avoid fed'ing legit same IP players. So it's just the bad side of a good thing...at least that's what I tell myself.
PatBenatar [420347]

I have been against multis for years, but the only solution to be fair for everyone is to make multi's legal. There will always be cheaters that have a unfair advantage over honest players. For everyone one caught there is a ton more out there that has not been caught.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Rule 1 for whining on Torn: It's either multis or the rich people conspiring against you.


Same applies to whining IRL, just replace multis with immigrants...
dunmugmeh [538353]

It has always been a problem. The acne filled no brains who play this game have to cheat to find a advantage.

When i talk about stokz multies, slutting multies, scammer multies, shemale multies and flower multies and company multies im not spamming.

Its not difficult to see them.

'patiently awaits hundreds of thumbs down from acne faced children who make multies'
Wolverine [1971836]

don't worry, Torn has good ways to detect multies and puts them in federal jail.
also their main accounts are punished heavily.
Hopslam [795412]

ahh crap, hmmm does excel spreadsheets count as a tool?
'cause that's all I use for ol' torny town
do I need to update my style?
dunmugmeh [538353]

i dont use any spreadsheets or apps or scripts or all of that other mumbo jumbo.

i think a lot of people who play this game arent very smart in fact i would go so far as to say a lot of the players who play this game are pretty dimb.

i suspect a lot of the 'hacking' is done when empty heads sign up for a app and use the same user name and password for the app as they do for the game? will anyone say im wrong?

i have also seen people handing over their email login details to people as well judging by some of the whining i have seen on the forums. why on earth would you need to hand over your email login details to someone who plays this game? use your head dont be stupid.
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

Yes, you don't have to use any scripts and stuff like that to play successfully, but when it comes to item running it would be just stupid not to check travelrun or use doctorn before you fly. Coming back empty handed was after all one of the main complaints of op, and that can be easily avoided.