the downtime shouldnt be a normal thing but u do have to consider the circumstances since steam was mentioned they have dedicated servers for specific regions afaik and u comparing it with torn is ridiculous and in my personal experience torn does hold up with the exceptions like during the elim time and other instances but torn is a free game and with their limited budget i do think that torn is very good but yea i would like to see improvements
Your kind donations alone should keep torn servers up and running
manic[1554958] · #28
Apparently.
Also, I hear there's some 'narcotics' that allow individuals to stay awake pretty much 24-7. What I want to know is WHY ISN'T CHED TAKING THEM AND KEEPING AN EYE ON THIS SHIP?
Ideally, the number of issues that we have recently experienced should not be acceptable or normal, unfortunately, what is acceptable or not is defined by the users and we as a community are rather too supportive of the dev team. Yes, I blame the dev team apologists for these issues.
Heck, even in this thread we have a number of people trying to tell everyone that it is un-reasonable to expect torn to have uptimes comparable to games on steam because TORN is a lot smaller company. I am glad you want to keep your expectations low, its not as if most of the people here have spent more money on torn (directly or indirectly) than a A grade PC/Console title.
I think we have a better up-time / issue-free record than most mmorpgs, and even most other online games.
Once issues are fixed, we generally have 100% uptime and no issues for up to many months / years. It's just getting past the first few days of a huge server change (and several other upgrades made at the same time).
It's temporary, and will be resolved. When it is, we'll be in a better place than we were before, with even better performance.
I am glad you consider (close to) 100% uptime achievable but hope its not tracked using the data available at this link . Cuz, the data on that page says that TORN has been up in the last 11 hrs and we all know thats not true.
Considering the size of the game, it's really not that bad.
I think some people here are panicking because, shock, it means they might have to go outside or something.
I know I don't religiously play this game like some, but I can't be the only one who logs in, sees it is slow and just thinks that I'll try again later?
I log in when i get up, see its slow, spend the rest of the day trying to get stuff done that usually only takes a few minutes...i also think about how much e, stats, crimes, money etc ive lost due to downtime...
Then i feel sad coz i once again realise how addicted i am to this game...
Then i feel happy all of a sudden coz my 24th login attempt that day was successful and im on my home screen ready to fire away at torn...
But hey "i cant be the only one"....right?![:sick:]
you are once again forgetting that 99% of torn players are qualified, experienced, proffessional network and server engineers and programmers.
you are also forgetting that everyone of these ppl have a better and guarenteed way of doing it, and of course you are, and having been doing it completely wrong all this time.
Look a 503 and a 504 Making torn a revolving door Look at this i timed out Time for me to stew and pout Hey look im back online Time for me to chat and whine
But to be on topic just because ppl think they know all everything to create a perfect server world doesn't mean it would be ideal to just convert everything over, it'll be perfect.
But hey what so i know im just a plumber and roofer so I'm fairly content to agree with ched. Lag here and there is really no issue in my mind. With all the updates being implemented im surprised this is all the issues we've had. When i error or lag out i think why am i playing atm anyways, then head out kayaking or getting firewood ready and check back in later.