Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Nnb loss?

Started by Jyu_Viole_Grace [1958465] on in Questions & Answers.

32 replies · 926 views · thread synced · 17 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 33 / 33 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

TriTuRaDoR [1021253]

Oo

my nnb didn´t change....I am doing assasination of the mob boss....get some reds....maybee near 1 in 10....I do a lot of busts....got caught a couple of times this weak.....will tell here of something happens!


David [132845]

I'm glad I don't need to do arsons for merits anymore, but recently I noticed I'm getting more blue when doing GTA 1. I used to get green about 60% of the time.

Maybe just my own sense of paranoia, but I think I'll take a closer look at it this weekend before leaping to conclusions... [:tired:]

But if Chedburn indeed starts messing up with crimes... people with massive CE like Rosie or me will eventually stop doing crimes...
Which would be totally absurd since Torn is supposed to be a crime game! [:sick:]
Michi [1922819]

Just got 3 reds almost back to back on kidnapping the mayor. Usually I mostly get blues. Maybe bad luck though since thats not the highest success crime. I haven't noticed much before now since I was working on 5k other. But could be ideal to do smaller crimes for a while till there's some news.
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

I think it's highly unlikely that Ched has changed anything, as he said just recently in the busting thread that he doesn't want to fill up the jail by messing with the core of the crime system when crimes 2.0 is so close. The logical answer is that there is some information missing.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

This is my hope too, we're likely just jumping to conclusions or OP isn't providing a crucial piece of information.
David [132845]

Okay, I have to dig this up, because I said I would do some proper testing over the weekend, and so I did.

TL;DR version: I got a 72.09% success rate, based on doing 43 GTA-1 crimes. Which invalidated my theories, and put my paranoia to rest.

First, when I said I had a 60% success rate with GTA11, it was because I often did 5 GTA-1 in a row, got 3 greens and 2 blues. 60% was a hunch number based on poor sampling. Note that I had the Screwdriver crime enhancer and I maxed out my crime success rate merits. Which is, obviously, still the case today.

Now, the experiment. From Saturday 00:01 to Monday 01:00 TC time (which means 49 hours, because I didn't factor in the hour change we had this weekend in Canada), I did 43 GTA-1s in total. Here's how it unraveled:
  • I got 43 greens, which means 72.09% success rate (and 43 more cars in my garage![:cool:] )
  • and I got 12 blues, which means 27.91% failure rate
With 43 GTA-1s, my sample size is above 30, which means my sample is valid. And with a 72% success rate, my fears of GTA crimes being messed with were groundless. AND my 60% success rate assumption was invalid.
Bobafetish [1983596]

I've dropped from NNB of 25 to 21.

My theory is that since I've been doing lots of crimes that are low nerve (shoplifting as I'm working on the 5,000 thefts) in comparison to where I should be. That is, I'm doing too many crimes at nerve = 4 when I should be pushing ahead and doing higher nerve crimes.
Carl [1188181]

your theory is wrong.

You either left a job that gave you nerve, reset merits or left a faction that gave you nerve. nnb is increments of 5.
Rosie [1185614]

@ OP - are you 100% sure you haven't done a faction Organised Crime which failed?... It didn't send you to jail but maybe to hospital or nothing at all.... I would check faction logs, go back to a day or two before you lost 5 nerve, and see whether an OC failed...
HandsomePants [1897243]

There's a member in my faction who got 30 NNB at only 30 days old by stealing just 750 Jackets. Usually that takes close to 5k total. More indication that some change has been made? Anyone else notice other differences to "conventional knowledge"?
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Base CE was increased some time ago which likely has something to do with that. Users no longer start on a "10" nerve bar, but rather have enough experience to immediately go to 15. Their nerve appears as 10 when they first sign up but after doing a single crime it increases to 15, as it gets updated by that crime, whereas before it had to be earned.

If they've only done jackets then it's not unreasonable, the only reason it would take as many as 5k is probably because a user at that level would also be mixing in other kinds of thefts, e.g. sweet shop, which can result in jail which would set back all the progress made.
Caladan [2012988]

I am at 4200 jackets and 25 nnb at 60 odd days old, got 25 nnb at about 3600-3700, i recon i will hit 30 nnb at 5500-6000 or so - seems to be working as it used to work at least jackets-wise;

got 5 jailings on the first couple of days before i read crime guide (damn those chocolate bars:)