TLDR at the bottom
Case Study
1 merit cost 250 points. At current price of 54k per point, it will cost you 13.5m per merit.
At level 50, I am allowed to buy 25 merits (formula is = your level / 2) so total cost will be 337.5m (25 merits*13.5m).
Since I do not have any merits on bank interest, I will put all into bank interest enabling me to upgrade 6 times.
At 0 bank interest upgrade, my 2 month investment interest rate is at 4.62%
At 6 bank interest upgrade, my 2 month investment interest rate is at 11.22% (source : Bank Interest Rates)
I will then calculate my gains using 2 scenarios:
1) I have 2b cash and put all into 2 month investment without buying merits
2) I will spend 337.5m to get bank interest upgrade, then put remaining money (1.66b) into 2 month investment.
Result
Scenario | Money | Interest (@ 2months) | Gains |
1 | 2.00b | 4.62% | 92m |
2 | 1.67b | 11.22% | 186m |
TLDR - Its freaking worth it!
Mentions: Bank Interest Rates