Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Updates.

Started by ChillySpunc [1905415] on in General Discussion.

63 replies · 1.45k views · thread synced · 17 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 64 / 64 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

shaz1 [270923]

I see many things there.

I wonder if you properly plan on which updates are going to go live first..

or like every project runs at the same time and whichever project finished first, goes live first

It'd be good to know which ones are going to come soon and which ones are the one that will come soonTM
grellous8 [1997958]

actually, could u keep refills plz? i like those and find them very helpful.



EDIT: also, what do u mean by "replaced with gains after completing missions?" Does that mean we get free refills for completing missions?
ReyDuvall [1526820]

Yeah... Prioritized... As low low priority.

He's put it on hold. He's got a dozen projects that are currently being working on. But not that one.

It's prioritized.
Could be done in less than 2 years.
2 years from NOW, I mean.

Over 2 years ago he said "I expect the main base, along with the first 2-3 crimes will be completed over the next few months".
So with it on the backburner 2 years from now is actually a bit optimistic.

It's an ambitious project, for sure. I do look forward to it.
OneArmedHermit [1866312]

For torn app beta and future combat updates bridging the gap between mobile and pc advantages would be nice.

Warring is ineffective on mobile primarily due to the fact that lining up targets requires multiple tabs, comparing activity and statistics per target ,accessing personal inventory for change in temporary items requires a tab, you need a tab to access faction armory to use medical items and lan temps, and you need the war base out.

Maybe settings for what resource to draw medical items for quick use, such as personal vs armory. The ability to accessible med items on the side bar, and a quick switch for temp items.

Navigating the war base, attacking, and finding where you left off when returning to the war base.
MarlonBrando [1337797]

Thank you Ched for the update, incredibly busy with day to day short term coupled with long term priorities, effort greatly appeciated and it shows, looking forward to new weapons and armours sets released before year end 2017. Hoorah Ched and team! Danke
RasAlGhul [1448500]

I don't know why it takes so long to roll out these updates. But a live log of how close they are to being completed would be damn helpful!
ChillySpunc [1905415]

Maybe inefficient management? We're constantly hearing about how projects stall. Or maybe it's the quality of the dev team, They are clearly capable but if Ched spent a bit of money on maybe one or two full time, fully qualified devs things would be done quicker.

From what we've seen I don't understand why the crimes are taking so long. What it looks like is each crime is going to require you to perform different levels of the crime to complete it. I think the example we saw was pirating a DVD which involved downloading the content, putting it on the disc and then selling it, I think there was a couple more levels but I can't remember what they were. Now I don't see what's so difficult about it all, the initial stages were at 70% months ago, you'd think initial stages would be the backbone of the crime, then pay outs and such and at 70% you'd think the backbone would be totally done meaning the most difficult part was out of the way.

Ched seems to be reluctant to go into detail, he says crimes 2.0 and a new mission agent (which I expect is the one who will be giving missions for crimes) keep going in and out of frozen because of bottlenecking that is being resolved by hiring new HTML5 devs now I don't understand why this is so difficult, I am not expert but I'm pretty sure HTML 5 is what makes the site look so pretty so clearly Crimes 2.0 is almost complete they just need to pull their finger out and put the finishing touches to it.
mug [553318] Committee Committee

you wont get anything because you're not a new player

smarter way to do it this way, a lot of noobs wasted their refills not knowing what they were doing with them anyways.
grellous8 [1997958]

i think there have been some misunderstandings and confusion here.

a) actually, i do get something because i have still saved some of my refills

b) hey look, most noobs used the refills stupidly, but some DID use them effectively and were srsly helped by it

c) what about buying refills from the points store or w/ever it's called

d) regarding your argument that i wont get anything since im not a new player, what about the inactivity refills? arent they like 1 refill per week of inactivity?



lastly, could someone answer my question in the EDIT from my original post plz?



EDIT: also, would someone plz aware me why i am being R-'d? I wasn't trolling or joking. I was contributing to the thread and it was a srs request.
ChillySpunc [1905415]

I disliked you because I felt your comment was incredibly selfish. Maybe it was a bit harsh.

The gains will probably be a free refill or stat gains. It is good as it encourages players to be active. It'll reduce multies as people won't be able to create an account and slut.
BraveKath [1815519]

"And other projects that are moving in and out of frozen status due to bottlenecks that we're resolving by recruiting more HTML5 developers..."
^ Good luck - especially since Crimes 2.0 and the next Mission Contract Agent hinges on this

Maybe I am unique, but every time I read about the time being invested in improving the text part, so I guess our mails and faction announcements, profiles etc can look cooler, I think --- eh -- that's lovely IF -- IF we had other things done. That to me is insignificant. The current one has some odd aspects to it, but really doesn't matter to the enjoyment of the game.

I really glad to see that progress on Mobile app is happening. I think that's critical to player retention and new player recruitment. Crimes 2.0, Drugs 2.0, New Mission Contract Agent, improving speed of the game, new warring features, OH and the new updated faction donations you were working on -- those are all things that I view as a priority to the current and potentially future players, but I can only speak for myself.

I don't say this to be rude or disrespectful, but Ched please don't procrastinate "fixing things" that aren't broke. It was noted the other day that the image for Small First Aid Kits and the regular (blue) First Aid Kits have changed. The old image was fine -- don't waste your time and other staff members on fluff unless somehow that new image speeds up the game, and I can't imagine that it does, but grasping for straws of why that was a priority. Forgive our impatience for new, critical features.

All this being said, appreciate the update you've provided. Might be good to copy and post that to a "Bullentin" so more folks in Torn can see? Everyone loves reading your announcements and bulletins and it gets discussed.

Respectfully, Kath
BraveKath [1815519]

P.S. When you're hiring the HTML developers, maybe it would be money well spent to hire a solid Project Manager?

I view game developers like yourself as artists in a way, only your medium is code. Artistic people tend to be distractible and struggle with being focused on priorities and very much prone to procrastination. Brainstorming and creating have been essential to you envisioning Torn and getting it where it is today, but we all need help focusing on our priorities at times with a Coach/Project Manager -- someone you will listen to and respect. I would imagine this doesn't have to be full-time position.

Again, Respectfully, Kath