Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Thanks Chedburn

Started by Prodigy [269095] on in General Discussion.

185 replies · 2.28k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 186 / 186 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
186
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
68 / 100
Engagement score
85 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Prodigy [269095]

Look at OG, 25 minutes and they are down by a 1,000+ points

PP people: "It's not over yet" , "we could still lose"

Chedburn: "Team up and take them down" (sort of what he said)

Yeah rallying everyone is a real piece of cake especially since half the active members don't even look at chat or forums, you messed up this event and I am sure you will have even less people entering next year

You also just had to change the scoring system as well didn't ya, The +2/-1 LEAVE and 0/-3 HOSP made sense, but no, lets get the scores up (They would have gone up after a day or two like last year), instead we have PP at 5,000 points with a scoring system that helps them recover easily

Also could have reset the teams before the competition started since we found out about the PP thing before elimination, but nooo let's not put things in order and keep it as it is

Genius move mate :S



EDIT:



I am a player that usually logs in 5 minutes a day, and I only become active around this time due to this event because of last year mainly.

When my team (Lettuce Win) got knocked out at 4th by Mountain Men by being 2 points off, I posted a thread congratulating them.

Jokes aside, I am not a sore loser, it was the best event ever last year even though I lost, and I have been on Torn for 4,000+ days

I will now be a much less enthusiastic torn player because I personally feel this event got ruined and it forecasts other ruined events in the future, especially since the admin knew about the loophole way before it started and he still did nothing

PP can joke about it, I don't take it seriously, and I don't blame them.. I blame Chedburn

EDIT 2: my post last year to prove I am gracious in defeat if its deserved: https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=2&t=15983982&b=0&a=0
CatHead [1581564]

We're just jealous of them because they're so clever and good at the game. Nothing is unfair about this competition.

Mindless joke about salt.

Something obnoxious and petty ignoring real points that are worth discussing and just insulting people instead.
The_Skipper [1876106]

Prodigy,



I sympathize and I understand the cathartic and therapeutic value of saying all of it.

Did you really expect Ched to do anything? When nothing happened by the first elimination it was clear Ched is going to do nothing meaningful if at all.

The message is Ched will let people cheat. He does not care. The committee does not care. Staff don't care. The players involved don't care.

I applaud your posts but do so with the full understanding that it only serves to maybe help 1% of the people in this game that have a shred of morality to understand and think before they pull this kind of thing sometime in the future. If that...
Jai [918327]

I will create a thread on 19 June 2018, when I will "whine" about not renewing my subscription.



The system was rigged from the start. Chedburn asking us to band together is like asking a black woman to become US President in 1958. It is technically possible, but not realistic.



But I consider it a badge of honor that I mostly attacked PP, that PP considered OG a threat and decided to eliminate us. We also made a good choice of alliance with Pirates and Illuminati , as it is obvious our alliance was true and working somewhat, but all other teams refused to see the writing on the wall.






zaje [1899531]

Everyone said the same last year , less people will join this year but the teams got filled up and the competition is still running


The_Skipper [1876106]

I find it funny that those who are so graceless in the conduct of the competition would demand grace from the vanquished and aggrieved parties.



But that is Torn I guess...

It is not good enough that people get to abuse mechanics, cheat, and take advantage of people, they want to be patted on the back and thanked for it too.

Makes sense I guess.
animelive [1564720]

just take the 2-3 other merits and be done with this comp. Doubt I will be wasting any more e in the coming years for this drivel. Take your losses and move on.
philoten [1646213]

CatHead what are you doing? Had to look into you, friend feed posting with a username of salt wondering who the hell this guy is xD
Cazio [585240]

I grew bored after the first sentence.. But I assume the rest of it was more or less the same whiny bullshit phrased differently.. :|o
Prodigy [269095]

Read the Edits people.. especially the second one

I am gracious in defeat if its deserved, I believe this year it was not deserved, simple as