Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Debt Forgiveness

Started by X-Pak [477188] on in Questions & Answers.

29 replies · 437 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 30 / 30 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
30
Discussion span
→
Authority score
68 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
69 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Duke [4] ×1

X-Pak [477188]

Hey guys,



I recently became active after a few years of inactivity. Before I became inactive, I took out a loan and now I'm in a great deal of debt. Is there any way I could apply for a type of debt forgiveness with Duke?
dunmugmeh [538353]

Top tip for kids. Dont play blackjack with Dukes money even if you are quitting. You might want to play again and have a big debt to pay off.
McDallas [14757]

Yeah, it's a sucky thing to come back to. I feel eviction would be better than all the debt usually created by upkeep.

How much debt do you have? It might be very simple to pay off. You got refills right?
The_Healer [1787515]

I don't think that will be best. He was inactive for nearly two years. Must have gotten a lot of free refills (Must be over 80). Could gain huge stats in few days if he uses them wisely.
daub [1869454]

There should be a game mechanic that allows some grace from Duke for returning inactives. They need to pay their debts ofc. But inactives aren't aware of rules changes made in their absence. Anyone might need to go inactive perhaps quite suddenly. There is a real world out there. The free refills are a welcome back to the game gesture which Duke takes a huge dump on.
Vladar [1996140]

While I don't agree that debt should be forgiven, it is a good point about encouraging players to come back instead of penalizing. Perhaps Duke could give debtors missions that would go towards paying off his debt, or something similar? I don't know...