Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

blocking script

Started by Candymonster [1632600] on in General Discussion.

99 replies · 740 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 100 / 100 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

TheLamia [2048880]

I'm seriously scared that there are people who will believe the ridiculous example I just gave.

You see... people believe ridiculous stuff stated on the internet all the time.

The people who know better have been putting people saying that nonsense onto iggy... and well... the amount of people believing nonsense even more ridiculous than that have gotten worse.
TheLamia [2048880]

Ah, you are doing the whole "If I cannot see a physical injury then no problem exists" shtick.

Well here is the thing... there are many examples of injuries that are not visible.

What I am talking about is death by a thousand invisible paper cuts... that people refuse to acknowledge because they cannot see said paper cuts.
Jamin [1265909]

I literally said ignoring health issues is bad and you misquoted me and said the complete opposite...

Your metaphors and ridiculous comparisons don't make any sense to what we're talking about. Using a script to ignore shitposters isn't "Ignoring the problem" as you put it, its acknowledging the problem of shitposters and solving the problem by removing them. If you were to acknowledge the fact there are many shitposters and trolls and do nothing then you are ignoring the problem, the script is merely a solution to deal with it.
Ninivah [1950421]

There's a whole genre of threads for the path you're going down; separate from GD.



But to entertain you... are you implying that people like Dude and ED will become Nazi terrorist if we don't give them attention on a website dedicated to taking fake drugs and fake killing people?
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

We're not dealing with a social problem here though, we're just dealing with a game forum that suffers from a lack of moderation. It's not worth anyone's time to debate with the spammers.
Anon [1771528]

What if the person is the 'problem', the problem doesn't necessarily get worse if you ignore it, as you're oblivious to it. Giving you ease of mind oppose to having a problem.

It's better to ignore someone as oppose to 'punishing' someone for expressing their opinions. It controls the hate leaving for an environment catered towards what both are most comfortable with.

Obviously this only works to an extent and wouldn't work in serious matters as things may need to be addressed.
Ninivah [1950421]

No, if I want to talk politics, I go to P&L.



Plus, I don't rage against irrelevant things in unrelated places. I was just entertaining her bs.
Robbo [1826175]

I wish all the pond life in torn made threads like this, makes it easier to add them onto the blocking script

Thanks who ever you are never to be seen again.
Scuba [512975]

I use the script, and I guarantee you that the 3 who are held within its confines earned their place. If you're crying because you haven't earned your spot yet, you're going to have to put in a good few weeks of hard work being an idiot.

I reserve my right to ignore people - it doesn't make me weak to not have to read something, the script simply automates me literally not having to read it. The forums are very much alive - this was just difficult to see under the mountain of excrement.