88 replies · 1.22k views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:89 / 89 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
89
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
40 / 100
Story score
64 / 100
Engagement score
78 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
T-Stark[2086654]
· 13 likes · 1) Baldr was invaluble directing me towards great "how to" and guides in general (Seriously R+ that dude) Kata has helped me figure out factions, training and general Game Play 2) Dude has taught me Forum manners and ettiquite Meow/Scars/Baby …
DUDE[1028023]
· 6 likes · Nobody has helped me and no one ever will. I won't as for any help either. I inspired me and I always will. True warriors like myself, we fight alone. I don't help anyone either, I am just chasing a …
Baldr[1847600]Reporter
· 4 likes · Topsy and Stretch when I was brand new and didn't have the slightest idea what I should be doing, and for a good while after. PMV helped quite a bit. All of them gave advice and answered questions. Hank's guide …
In a few months, I shall be approaching 10 years of playing this game. During that time, I've come across many players from a variety of factions, made friends and allies too, helping one another out etc...
So here's the discussion, and more so showing appreciation:
1) Who has helped you start out and how? (When you were new to the game)
2) Who has since helped you out? How have they?
3) Who do you now help out and how?
My answers:
1) Deathstrike - been spouse since I first started. Also former faction leader The Scarface (Mafia Kings, DA now) who has stopped playing some time back.
2) Exchange and DuckDodger - during my time at UNT - they taught me the basics of chaining, and good chaining etiquette.
BC-Pagee with good training advice etc ..
More so recently, but tips on how to train more effectively and at which gyms , stats etc ..
To name a few, excluding my faction members, Collete , Dunmugmeh, TomDickHarry , Baldr, Kayla, MeanMike, Triplicant , Bogie - about time the helpful players who are often seen helping others (from my personal experience), deserve the shout out!
3) Any newer players that approach me and ask for advice, I'm more than happy to help. I am glad to see players who I have helped doing well, Venom for starters! :)
Baals was who helped me when I first started. Brought me into DA back when DA were actually a bunch of bad ass noobs fighting off HoF factions. Taught me the ropes of chaining.
Hilde obviously :P He sends me so much cash and items I can't spend it all.
1) Baldr was invaluble directing me towards great "how to" and guides in general (Seriously R+ that dude) Kata has helped me figure out factions, training and general Game Play
2) Dude has taught me Forum manners and ettiquite Meow/Scars/Baby and BC-M16- have taught me the value of a good troll post Duke taught me not to be a little bitch. Dudesweet Gave me a full stock block of HRG when he quit Evil-Duck taught me that shooting for the stars is the endgame Lane Taught me to not drunk post WIB taught me to get rich, you gotta be willing to hustle HIlde taught me that if you've got the money, you can afford to not give a shit Buston taught me that scamming is good, not getting caught is better Sarah01 taught me that a picture of an evil baby is better than a thousand word argument.
3) I'll generally help anyone who seems new, and generally amicable. As long as you're not a huge dick, I'll toss some cash, or other starter items towards a fellow nub.
1) Who has helped you start out and how? (When you were new to the game)
The_Lizard_King - we're long estranged now and I don't even recall what my username was back then but we hit it off and he helped me immensely with mentorship back in the day.
2) Who has since helped you out? How have they?
Nowadays it seems to be Aldous_Snow. He helped me considerably to build wealth after I'd returned to Torn and I've made a good friend out of him.
3) Who do you now help out and how?
I help out a myriad of users in plenty of small ways. Exposure to their topics, stock/investing advice, and busting/training. None of it is comparably huge but I can't afford what I'd like to do in the future (giveaways for users and free housing).
1) Who has helped you start out and how? (When you were new to the game)
Kingstown. He gave me a tonne of advice, friendship and support. He traded with me all the time, never gave me anything at all, apart from an armalite on my birthday
2) Who has since helped you out? How have they?
Kingstown, MartineD, Chieftain, Phobos, Aldous_snow, Hydra, Zeke, Sarah01, Hcom3, my mum, and everyone who knows me! Mainly support, answering noob questions, great chats, and friendship
3) Who do you now help out and how?
There’s quite a few people I chat to and answer questions for, recommended my other half’s faction to help them grow.
A) Nobody - figured shit out myself by making a bunch of mistakes (it was very messy early on) and utilising what appears to be a rather out-of-favour skill nowadays, reading.
B) Nobody - see above.
C) Tried to help a bunch of the newer players (now old timers themselves) in London get a start with cash or stocks and advised on how to build themselves up, in an effort to fill the vacuum after the original group of experienced London members drifted away in a relatively short space of time (resulting in me inheriting the mantle of one the "wise" old timers in the faction myself - I use the term "wise" somewhat loosely there).
Not sure how effective that help was and I'm certainly not claiming any success for their subsequent progress to this day, but I at least tried to help them get off on the right foot when I saw potential in a (newer) London member.
p.s. I've taken a bit more of a back seat nowadays as I'm an old, old man...
1) Who has helped you start out and how? (When you were new to the game)
Gotta be FLUX. The whole faction, especially the likes of Swats for keeping everything together and ensuring it functions (as well as paying me for efforts in internal competitions, Z-Pac for helping me train properly, and Madbranch for giving me a Large Briefcase early on, allowing me to buy xanax at a reasonable rate.
2) Who has since helped you out? How have they?
Still FLUX. I'm not too adventurous with interacting with people and I've not been around for too long.
Also BC-M16 and the other assorted empty braincases for giving me excellent karma farm threads.
3) Who do you now help out and how?
I provide free advice and combat support in/around FLUX, and the odd bit of diplomatic backup (I did say I'm not that adventurous).
1) Who has helped you start out and how? (When you were new to the game)
I got a bit of help from my faction with starter stuff. Being paid for traveling and some other little things.
2) Who has since helped you out? How have they?
Quite a few players have sent me stuff over the years. A lot of it has been because of my bazaar. my bazaar is actually quite small now compared to how it used to be. I am the biggest trinket trader in the game and also have the busiest bazaar in the game so a lot of people notice me.
Some people leave and send me stuff because they will know it will go to a good cause. The Nature Watch thing is real, though it hasnt always had a name i decided to pick a name for what i do for our little friends.
3) Who do you now help out and how?
I have helped a lot of players over the years. Some turn into great players and others disappear because of gambling related issues or they get bored of the game.
My way of helping now is by 'hoovering' I spot a bazaar from a little player, if its at a price i can buy it at i will 'hoover' it all up. And i do that over and over again.
I cant remember how many people i have helped but it is a lot. But i only help players who show they can be helped, maintaining a bazaar and showing they are intrepidly trading and putting stuff on it is a easy way for me to see that.
The Nature Watch Charity shop spends hours every week buying stuff from bazaars!