13 replies · 1.88k views · thread synced · 4 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
44
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
39 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100
Most-liked replies
Baldr[1847600]Reporter
· 25 likes · Loan Shark : Achieve a high credit score with Duke? Take out your max loan with Duke. Every time you get a msg that you owe an interest payment, pay it right away. When you do, look to see if …
Mudbottom[1879891]Wiki Contributor
· 5 likes · Moneybags does not require the shares to actually sell. I got mine by just listing FHG block and immediately removing it. Unless something's changed...
Hopslam[795412]
· 2 likes · I still wish I knew for sure if the duke one requires max loan... have a default 1b loan amount (from the prior networth system) EXPENSIVE merit if have to do max loan at 1b with 10-12 weeks of interest …
I cant say anything for the one with Duke since i havent gotten it yet but for the other two i just basically bought shares low and sold high frequently and i eventually got them.
Loan Shark : Achieve a high credit score with Duke?
Take out your max loan with Duke. Every time you get a msg that you owe an interest payment, pay it right away. When you do, look to see if you can get a larger loan. Sometimes it will allow you a larger loan, indicating that your credit score with Duke has gone up. If he will loan you more, take it, so you're essentially always at max loan. Eventually (usually around 10-12 weeks) you will get the merit. Then you can pay off the entire loan and be done with it.
Stock Analyst : Actively buy and sell shares in the stock market
My belief is that there is a random chance of getting this any time you buy stocks. I got it by purchasing stocks every day, usually twice a day, for several months. I bought 100 shares of every stock that had gone up on the last tick, and I would immediately list them to sell. 100 shares of stock is pretty inexpensive, so this doesn't tie up a lot of money, and you will neither make nor lose a lot of money doing it. I made a point of never missing a day (which is why I did it twice a day, once early, once later in the day) but I don't think it's actually important to do that. Some people get this merit very easy, but for some people it takes a long time. I think one small purchase gives you the same random chance of getting it as one large purchase, so by doing lots of small purchases, I think you get more chances to get it.
Moneybags : Have great success in the stock market.
Buy a bunch of stock, with a total over 100M. Sell it. Usually that will get you the merit. Doesn't matter (for the merit) if you made money, but obviously you should try to make a profit while doing it. I believe the award will trigger when you list the stock for sale, so you don't have to wait for it to actually sell. If you want, you can list it, get the merit, and unlist it.
It doesn't require a max loan. I don't know the exact percentage required, but it could be around 30 to 50% of your max I think, Start with 20% and see if anything happens, should be fairly easy to see as the base loan increases very slowly now.
I don't think it requires max loan. But I think if you take out less, your rating grows slower.
So if he'll give you a $1B loan, and you take $500M, then the rating may only be going up at half the rate. And if that's the case, the smaller loan doesn't really save you money, just slows it down.
I'm pretty sure about the "lower than max loans still helps but slows it down" part, but I don't know if it's an exact correlation, so that a 50% loan gives 50% results.
Also, if your max amount is $1B, it may be hard to see anything happening. That may be hard coded as the maximum loan amount, in which case you won't get offered the increased loan amounts like most of us would get. So that may make it hard to see any progress along the way, up until you actually get the merit.
It must suck being rich and having problems like this. Luckily for me, I don't have that issue. Don't start sending me tons of cash, either, trying to foist your problems off on me.
yeah would make sense if a lower than max loan would be slower, still just stinks not knowing for sure... I don't think to experiment with that kind of stuff 'cause then it just ends up costing more
haha
Well to be fair, getting the 1b max loan from the old networth system actually cost $$$
Buying a DP for 25m for example, and then selling it back to system for 24m, cost 1m, and over and over, many a times....
And pretty sure that last merit or rank trigger or whatever it was, was essentially 5b on networth "gained" that way because it was 20% of 5b to equal that 1b for loan amount
EDIT: to clarify, from that example, the 25m would be added toward the networth (5b req), but that 25m add was at that cost of 1m to me
That's not how it works, 1b is the max base loan, and you should see a weekly increase of 2.5% due to improved credit rating. When your credit rating reaches around 30% you get the merit.
The one which took me the most time was Stock Analyst though and I got it when I sold a WSSB stock block.
I got Loan Shark at a low age though, it was a really really small loan, I think it was just 3k or 4k though so pretty sure you just have to take a loan and keep paying it on time.
Moneybags can be easily achieved through the way Baldr mentioned.