33 replies · 1.31k views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:34 / 34 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
34
Discussion span
→
Authority score
63 / 100
Historical score
60 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Chedburn[1]Admin
· 11 likes · If you really want the specific details, I believe these are correct. - The user must be inactive for 75 days + (25 days x their level) (100 - 1325) - The user must be under level 50 - The …
Kayla[2031661]
· 3 likes · Perhaps the 'specific criteria' that must be met should be mentioned somewhere.
Proxima[1879587]Wiki Editor
· 3 likes · Surely being 999'd could be added to the formula?
I am currently trying to change my name to Goku, but the person who has the name is in Fed Permanently and has been inactive for 100 days. Could I please get that name? I think it would be great if someone gets fedded like this, and the account isn't being held for another reason we should be able to take the name as they have lost all right to it once fedded permanently.
I meet all the criteria. I have the available points, havent changed my name in 3 months, it simply says "This name is unavailable" even tho the person is in fed for good.
That's not a factor in the current name change system. It was the rules before they changed it so player's could change their own.
I think, if a player is in federal jail permanently and has been off-line for 365 days, that their name can be manually changed by staff? Don't know how accurate that is, though.
What if the player is not FED but is inactive over 800 some days.... I think there should be more details here... Because I have a friend trying to get a name and cannot do so, even tho the player has clearly quit and is completely inactive for years but are not FED.
It scales up based on level. I think the requirement goes all the way up to 1,400 days inactive. There's also other factors, one being how many of their friends are active I believe.
Can someone above you post here the exact terms of name changes? I appreciate your response Stewie but I would like a clear explanation here as to the exact rule & process of name changes.
Which is totally correct because this account should be inactive for 1100 days according to the new rules (it depends on the user level). Moreover, there are some other requirements. For example, amount of active players who have added the account to their friend/blacklist.
Federal jail doesn't come into the formula. If it says it's unavailable, it's unavailable. It may become available in the future as more days have passed.
Ok, so the name I want meets all that criteria Ched. The guy is level 15, has 3 friends, has been inactive for 100 days, and he is jailed perm. So why can I not get the name?