Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Name Change Issue

Started by Rimuru [449246] on in Bugs & Issues.

33 replies · 1.31k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 34 / 34 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
34
Discussion span
→
Authority score
63 / 100
Historical score
60 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Rez2 [579192] ×1 Tracy [1373338] ×1

Rimuru [449246]

So,

I am currently trying to change my name to Goku, but the person who has the name is in Fed Permanently and has been inactive for 100 days. Could I please get that name? I think it would be great if someone gets fedded like this, and the account isn't being held for another reason we should be able to take the name as they have lost all right to it once fedded permanently. 

Thanks for your time!

-Demon, soon to be Goku?
Rimuru [449246]

I meet all the criteria. I have the available points, havent changed my name in 3 months, it simply says "This name is unavailable" even tho the person is in fed for good.
Stewie [1494547]

That's not a factor in the current name change system. It was the rules before they changed it so player's could change their own.

I think, if a player is in federal jail permanently and has been off-line for 365 days, that their name can be manually changed by staff? Don't know how accurate that is, though.
Lane [2032144]

What if the player is not FED but is inactive over 800 some days.... I think there should be more details here... Because I have a friend trying to get a name and cannot do so, even tho the player has clearly quit and is completely inactive for years but are not FED. 
Stewie [1494547]

It scales up based on level. I think the requirement goes all the way up to 1,400 days inactive. There's also other factors, one being how many of their friends are active I believe.
Lane [2032144]

Can someone above you post here the exact terms of name changes? I appreciate your response Stewie but I would like a clear explanation here as to the exact rule & process of name changes. 
Stewie [1494547]

I guess the only thing that needs explaining is the rules for federal jailed player's names.

I.e. can a permanently fedded users name be manually changed if they've been off-line for 365 days or do they apply to the same requirements.
Lane [2032144]

Yes a very clear explanation on name change rule & process would be appreciated.  (FEDDED & NON FEDDED ACCTS)

 
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

Federal jail doesn't come into the formula. If it says it's unavailable, it's unavailable. It may become available in the future as more days have passed.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

If you really want the specific details, I believe these are correct.



- The user must be inactive for 75 days + (25 days x their level) (100 - 1325)

- The user must be under level 50

- The user must not have federal jail set to 777

- The user must have under 5 weekly active people who have added them to their friends or enemies list.

The cost in points to acquire an inactive player's name is 200 + (50 x their level). I.e. Between 250 and 2700.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

Is it possible to add these details to the announcement that LDP linked above?

CJ
Rimuru [449246]

 Ok, so the name I want meets all that criteria Ched. The guy is level 15, has 3 friends, has been inactive for 100 days, and he is jailed perm. So why can I not get the name?
Lane [2032144]

Ched im not getting an answer here as to why the account in question can not have the name removed..