Activity should be valued high in a game like Torn. Even big companies must work to keep emplyees. Directors should be active individuals as well.
Its nice to relax on beach with a drink in one hand and a lady in the other while inactive employees brings you cash for just their existance. I understand must be really nice... And while we are at it, the stars are kept and Directors can offer low sallary for active players just because of company specials.. wow!
Is it so hard for some of you to understand why active players, who are not directors, got fed up? Is it?
Companies should be hard work. Non-10 star companies should be a thing in the long run too. Employees should be valued. Companies should be prestigious. But that's just my view as a non-director.
Any active director that gives half a f**k about his company won't have an issue with this patch. If you can't find a replacement in 10 days you're a terrible director
Just a buff for the dumbass players that pay 4-5m per employee. Huge nerf for anyone that has at least one brain cell that is actually a good director.
The 10 day change is far too drastic. It hurts casual player employees more than anyone else. There's thousands who can't/don't login daily but still want to work at player run companies. Some of my more loyal employees are like that. I've never cared as long as they are up front and come back in a couple weeks. People have lives and can expect to have minor lapses in their play for a text based game.
And a bit of a heads up/actual back and forth discussion on a change like this woulda been nice too. Something like this needs more input from several different types of players than just a few people who found a suggestion thread prior to Ched making his
what casual players you talk if about ones that go out for summer vacation and here according to all of you is so shortage of employees they can easily find another job when they come back. I think it is fair they don`t have a job at the company while they are inactive.
Well at least this proves one thing I have wondered about. This must mean all staff work every day, no such thing as even a weekend off. Because the efficiency of Torn never drops at all.
No seriously I only have a small issue with this. From the first day of inactivity????? Slaves do not get a weekend in the real world. Are we saying that of employees here? That they are slaves? I could see this starting on the third or even fourth day of inactivity, but not the first.
Hey Ched, people that play your game do have lives outside this game. Some of us actually like going off grid for a few hours or even a day or two now and again. My daughter is getting married in a few months and not sure how long the travel and everything else will take, but Torn will not be very high on my list of things to do right then. Yeah, change this to something that makes sense and I am fine with it. 10% on Saturday then 20% for Sunday so my people can spend a weekend with their families does not make sense.
I am not going to become a slave driver merely to get clicks for this game.
for the first 5 days, it is same as the old system it dropped at the same rate just after 5 days stoped at 50% productivity. So only that changed that it still drops after 5 days don`t stop and drops till 0%, So if you talk about 1-5 days inactivity it is same as at the old system!
I understand that and not making bones about that. I didn't express it well, but it shouldn't even kick in for a day or two at all. In fact, basing it solely on activity why aren't companies that have extremely active employees able to do even better, have 110%+? I have people in my company that work from home like I do so they are here a lot. Why isn't there some line drawn that allows extra from extremely active people. Why can't they be picking up some of the slack for people that take a day away from Torn now and again?
I know it is a lot to ask for a game that centers on random violence and drug use and all the rest, but snippets based on reality now and again could be nice.
Because it would be hard to implement and it would require extra power of servers. Productivity calculated just the end of the business day around 18 TCT, now all what system needs to do is to check when the player last time login. How do you suggest measure if the player was super active that day? Count logins or count played time, does 50 logins with 1 min playing is better than 1 login with 5 hours played or vice versa count both of them?
P.S. I loved how you from stating that we should be slaves to log in each day (even that change is effect just ones who log in less than 1 time per 5 days) go to the opposite side. What was super strange. Can you make your mind what you want?
I am guessing you don't understand sarcasm in the same form I do. All is well. On further consideration, this might not effect me adversely at all and might actually be a big help. And, I can see how the employees can get that higher efficiency. If they are active, they get trained, their work stats get high enough 150% efficiency so that could almost be assumed to be working at that higher activity rate. And, it shouldn't really effect me much if all all. All me peeps are at that 150% and I have a few that are doing other things but could jump in for a dew days if needed should someone drop out. This might actually work to my advantage if some of those companies ahead of mine merely due to being open longer start to suffer. All good, nothing to see here.
1. Any oil rig that constantly maintains 10 stars needs 29-30 workers. In short I can't just offer people more pay because the more workers you have the more diminished returns you get. I spend 30% of my income on advertising and another 30% on income because it's so competitive.
2. All you see is big numbers but in reality oil rigs suck. I have spent around 50 billion on my company to a return on investment of about 4 or 5 years. When logistics costs about 4 or 5 bill to max out and you have a return on investment of less than a year.
3. Our specials are not op. We have had our specials nerfed into the ground. I used to make around 512m per two month investment and now it's 300 something mil which corrisponds to an extra 100m or so for our 10 star special with a two month investment.
At this point I am honestly considering taking a loss of 15 or so billion on my oil rig and buying a logistics company (and make the same amount) and buy a gold AK with the leftovers and a few hundred fhcs.
alot of logistic company's atm are operating at a lost just so that they can be the first to reach 10 stars, I would let the income received atm from them fool you, Ive also ran a oil company many years aswell and with each company update it only gets harder, like this one.... for this patch the main thing that changes for u since u dont have a low tier company is people going on holiday, if someone goes on holiday for 2 weeks and wont be on, u will seriously have to consider getting rid of them where as before u didnt have to
That's not true eaither. Ever since the 10 star update someone that was 1 day inactive hurt the company, 2 days was a noticeable hit to the company. 3 or more you might as well kick them