Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Awareness Fail

Started by Kegabyte [2352085] on in Questions & Answers.

22 replies · 337 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 23 / 23 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
23
Discussion span
→
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Kegabyte [2352085]
So this week is supposed to be awareness week, right? I've had 8 of the awareness merits for a while and with this on top I figured I'd find some good stuff. I've found 3 items this whole week. Is awareness even worth anything?
LastRites [2113741]
Same here. 8 merits in awareness. Have found 1 drug pack (pretty good find), then a red fox plushie, ninja stars, and a HEG. :( will be resetting the merits after this week and applying them to something that matters.
Sarcophilus [2075491]
There is a general consensus that no, it is not worth a lot. I've two merits in awareness and managed to find 2 SE's in around two years. Pure luck and had nothing to do with an awareness week. I'll keep the two merits, just for fun but am not expecting any more SE's. We can but hope :)
KrisC [435075]
Some days I can find 8/10 items. I think it just depends how active you are.


Granted not all 100m items but items nevertheless.
Hopslam [795412]
no one really has to do anything different than what they normally do

just gotta log in and have a chance

some may find some more valuable items

some may not

you gotta remember that awareness / city finds are a global level kind of thing

if Ched pulls the city finds without awareness week vs awareness week, there will be an increase

for an individual level, an individual player may notice no difference, or they may get a little lucky
Xinny [1671911]
It doesn't. Each day at 00:00 there's a single rng roll chance that you'll get something or not, awareness merits and other bonuses apply (though based on how minuscule the modifiers are, i'm not sure.)
In the old days, this would've been true in terms of how active you are.
Ricky-Bobby [297109]
found 2 skateboards and a cesium in over a decade. thats the extent of my successes. sure ive found a very slim few ok items but i mean coming in at maybe around 1billion in over 10 years...meh not much to gain i mean no i dont have any merits in it but if were being honest without merit upgrades thats still very poor in my book.

hell i think ive only found 1 artifact in the couple years that i have had all the educations for them. i dont like to complain to much but i mean take my co leader for example he found a SE and a wielding helmet 2 days apart in a single year with 1,000 less days than me...so basically he has made more in a single week in a year (last year) than i have my whole time in the game. keep in mind my first skateboard was waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the old days when they were selling for like 10% of what they are now.

so i cannot imagine myself investing merits in it with such low success over such a long window of time. also yea ive only found a few things this week so far myself, and nothing of significant value.

they need to even out the sharing of love.
Tao [2133339]
Yeah right. Activity has nothing to do with it and I call bullshit on your statement of finding 8-10 items on some days. Why do you feel inclined to lie about something like this?

I am way more active than you (just check from personal stats). I have never in my days of Torn found more than one item in a day from the city. NEVER. And there was a time when I was new here and had 10/10 awareness merits. That is of course long gone now, awareness is just waste of merits.

I did find Dumbbells once. That was when I had already reassigned my merits and had 0/10 in awareness. There was no awareness week going on. It has nothing to do with activity and the merits just increase your chance to get something. Usually that something is crap and worth next to nothing. And no, you will not find 8-10 items in a day no matter what you do.
dunmugmeh [538353]
I have found a lot of items over the years.

I have found a stat enhancer and other stuff on zero merits, but usually it would be sub $1000 items.

With merits spent on awareness and/or the book you will notice a increase in number and quality of items. The sub $1000 items will be replaced with baubles worth $100k and you will more likely see high end stuff as well.

But it isnt a exact thing you can predict, its just a modifier on your chances of finding stuff and it does help with quality of finds.

For the last few months i have had some merits in awareness, i have seen the difference. But its not awe inspiring, it is there.

I have found a drug pack this morning.
oraN [1778676]
Not Entirely a fail, for me and you Yes.

but there have been people including many of my faction mates that have found SEs and i have moved

4x boxing gloves
3x skateboards
6x dumbbells
and maybe 1 parachute in the last 2 days. thats over double than what i usually do.
Icy [2926]
Is this the mechanics now?

It used to be each time you clicked the city link, you had a chance of an item, more clicks to city, more chances.

I know they had to change that as people were scripting and spam clicking, but is that confirmed what it is now? I feel like I still find more items when I've been about the city links versus when I don't go through the district's at all...
Archer [2172225]
I wouldnt say 8-10 items is impossible, i had 7 new items in my city on the second day of awareness week. But this is certainly not the norm! I have also had 2 days where i found absolutely nothing and one day with 3 items.

10/10 awareness, psych education and 3x prayer per day.
Archer [2172225]
I also heard that city links still play a part in your findings and am kinda inclined to agree. The days that i use city links rather than quick search or shortcuts, i seem to find more.