Key worker here still working 5 days a week 7-3
Key workers
Started by pwoody [2465736] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 74 / 74 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
EDIT: Duplicate post and this didn't quote for some reason. Mods delete this one please.
You're*. Or did you mean that someone is his little hooker? Who are you referring to?
Virtual high-five to all 'essentials' :) I've been working in a supermarket for like 3 years now, people became super-nice lately, some of them even thanking me for coming in... a weird experience to be honest.
Wouldn't class myself as a key worker but others do, I have the pleasure of spending 8 hours a day handballing stuff off wagons then come home to stream games to keep others entertained who are in lockdown and play this in the background for my own entertainment.
Every now and then I'll do this thing called sleep lol
Every now and then I'll do this thing called sleep lol
Thank you to all essential workers!
In Canada they call us "essential"
I work for a very large company (Vistaprint) that supplies to small businesses to keep them going.
We have also made a switch at this time to producing face shields, face masks, and scrubs.
I personally have been cutting and training people on how to cut the face shields.
I work for a very large company (Vistaprint) that supplies to small businesses to keep them going.
We have also made a switch at this time to producing face shields, face masks, and scrubs.
I personally have been cutting and training people on how to cut the face shields.
My sister is a nurse, my brother a supermarket worker, my mum an optician. All key workers; me on the other hand am still working as a software dev from home.
I'd say Harley [258120] qualifies as a key worker on Torn.
We've been blaming him for everything going wrong here since Torn IRC.
#blameHarley
We've been blaming him for everything going wrong here since Torn IRC.
#blameHarley
Mentions: Harley [258120]
Would you be classed as an Adult Social Care Worker?
I help manage a food warehouse. To be honest im not overly keen on going to work at the moment, in fact im thinking about quitting. We are very busy, cramming in agency staff everyday which is no doubt spreading 'plague'
Still working, and busier than ever.
Sales and service for infection prevention/sanitation chemicals & dispensers for hospitals, LTC & retirement homes.
Have an install at a field hospital being setup in the next week.
Sales and service for infection prevention/sanitation chemicals & dispensers for hospitals, LTC & retirement homes.
Have an install at a field hospital being setup in the next week.
I coordinate the logistics of adapted exams for students with disabilities. We are just at the end of what should have been our busiest period of the year, but since everything has moved online, a lot of the normal issues we would have had just didn't exist.
I'm considered essential because I work in the education field, but luckily I am able to work from home through the magic of VPNs. It doesn't quite feel as essential as all the people who are still doing forward facing jobs every day.
I'm considered essential because I work in the education field, but luckily I am able to work from home through the magic of VPNs. It doesn't quite feel as essential as all the people who are still doing forward facing jobs every day.
Initially I wasn't considered a key worker. But my company lobbied the government to classify us as essential. Wouldn't be bad if they didn't cut my hours in half. So now I can't make enough money to pay bills but also can't get financial support since I'm still working
Fortunately I have savings I can burn through so I'm not actually in that bad of shape.
Fortunately I have savings I can burn through so I'm not actually in that bad of shape.
No idea. There is 3 of us who look after him we all do shift work. He has chest problems as well so it's hard on him, and if one of us get sick it's a huge strain on the other 2 ?
Hey, Dominoes delivers! It's part of their slogan.
Note that 'Delivery People' is in that list....
Note that 'Delivery People' is in that list....
I'm considered an "essential worker" ????
/Waiting for someone called Donald to say they work on the beaches of Blackpool...
Work in the energy industry, I go out to power failures and gas faults in peoples home.
Still have to go even if they’ve tested positive for the virus. Guess everyone needs power and gas to cook and stay warm
Still have to go even if they’ve tested positive for the virus. Guess everyone needs power and gas to cook and stay warm
Drug dealers have tried the same argument. Turns out you need at least a kilo to be considered a 'key' worker.