Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Key workers

Started by pwoody [2465736] on in General Discussion.

73 replies · 1.34k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 74 / 74 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Nicotine [2440291]
Virtual high-five to all 'essentials' :) I've been working in a supermarket for like 3 years now, people became super-nice lately, some of them even thanking me for coming in... a weird experience to be honest.
PHATTPANTZ [745878]
Wouldn't class myself as a key worker but others do, I have the pleasure of spending 8 hours a day handballing stuff off wagons then come home to stream games to keep others entertained who are in lockdown and play this in the background for my own entertainment.

Every now and then I'll do this thing called sleep lol
MadameSil [2209233]
In Canada they call us "essential"
I work for a very large company (Vistaprint) that supplies to small businesses to keep them going.
We have also made a switch at this time to producing face shields, face masks, and scrubs.
I personally have been cutting and training people on how to cut the face shields.
Riot [974353]
My sister is a nurse, my brother a supermarket worker, my mum an optician. All key workers; me on the other hand am still working as a software dev from home.
thestud [1654931]
I'd say Harley [258120] qualifies as a key worker on Torn.
We've been blaming him for everything going wrong here since Torn IRC.

#blameHarley

Mentions: Harley [258120]

dunmugmeh [538353]
I help manage a food warehouse. To be honest im not overly keen on going to work at the moment, in fact im thinking about quitting. We are very busy, cramming in agency staff everyday which is no doubt spreading 'plague'
Titan [227473]
Still working, and busier than ever.
Sales and service for infection prevention/sanitation chemicals & dispensers for hospitals, LTC & retirement homes.

Have an install at a field hospital being setup in the next week.
PrincessJulie [11229] Admin Staff
I coordinate the logistics of adapted exams for students with disabilities. We are just at the end of what should have been our busiest period of the year, but since everything has moved online, a lot of the normal issues we would have had just didn't exist.

I'm considered essential because I work in the education field, but luckily I am able to work from home through the magic of VPNs. It doesn't quite feel as essential as all the people who are still doing forward facing jobs every day.
Whis [1530096]
Initially I wasn't considered a key worker. But my company lobbied the government to classify us as essential. Wouldn't be bad if they didn't cut my hours in half. So now I can't make enough money to pay bills but also can't get financial support since I'm still working

Fortunately I have savings I can burn through so I'm not actually in that bad of shape.
SmT-_- [2412869]
No idea. There is 3 of us who look after him we all do shift work. He has chest problems as well so it's hard on him, and if one of us get sick it's a huge strain on the other 2 ?
xedx [2100735]
Hey, Dominoes delivers! It's part of their slogan.

Note that 'Delivery People' is in that list....
Matty_h [48911]
Work in the energy industry, I go out to power failures and gas faults in peoples home.


Still have to go even if they’ve tested positive for the virus. Guess everyone needs power and gas to cook and stay warm