Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[Grave]

Started by eXplosive [2314568] on in Suggestions.

41 replies · 811 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 42 / 42 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

eXplosive [2314568]
I would like to thank you guys for the support!

We have reached 100 R+ within 2 hours!! insane!
I have also confirmed that the dislike was a mis-click

This idea should now be heard... Hopefully it is implemented =)
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
I'm not really sure I understand your solution?

We make 'used' books appear differently on display cases? So when you're viewing other people's books, they'd also appear differently depending on their status for you? This is horribly inconsistent unless we do this site-wide, which would indeed be quite a huge project. I'm not sure how to properly implement this.

I could put it on the 'Item info' panel dropdown, but the text there is strictly static (everyone sees the same, no changes depending on user).

Could potentially add a field to the item information: "Status: Read" / "Status: Unread" - or perhaps there's something clearer. Would that be sufficient?
ArttiIsGod [1954421] Wiki Contributor
Status read or unread would be great, similar how weapon experience is displayed when you browse different weapons.
eXplosive [2314568]
At the moment, in the display cabinet we cannot tell apart books that have been used from books that have not been used.

The change wanted should address this.

A field to the item information: "Status: Read" / "Status: Unread" as suggested by you - would indeed be sufficient. For example, the image Bug has displayed.

Ofcourse in my thread, I also wanted to make clear that the information of books read should only be available to the user alone. In example, nobody should know if I used "Book: Ignorance is bliss".
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
This is certainly possible, but inconsistent with the rest of the content in there which is always globally static - never changes depending on who's viewing it.

I would suggest a new field below this, with "Value" and "Circ", we'd have "Read: No" / "Read: Yes"?