Issues thread created
Start edit: For this to receive an actual reply (let alone being implemented) you need to upvote this thread.
With the recent changes, something that most likely will change to a larger or lesser degree in the future, I wondered why "revive chains" has never been a thing. Naturally, revivers get cash for their revives, that does not mean that running a revive faction is anywhere near as easy as running a regular warring faction exclusively. Gaining respect is harder as a revive faction, revive during wars/contracts on top of chaining now and then, there is not much energy left for training compared to the regulars.
I suggest that revive factions should get some respect from reviving, say 15-50% of what regular chains would give. Exactly where the balance would be I'm not sure, but to replace 25E you spent during war/revive you would need to spend ~$1,750,000 (energy cans, and the price changes).
Revives costs ~$1M, so they get 57% of the actual value of the energy spent (energy spent -> replacement cost). Going with that number, they lose out of 43% potential respect gain.
A "revive chain" would have the same timers as regular chains, they would not cause any respect loss, bonuses would count the same as regular chains (though separate chain, revive specific). Keeping the revive chain might require members to revive randoms in the hospital.
Exactly where the balance is I'm not 100% sure, respect would be gained outside of "revive chains", I'm guessing the cap would be 43%, but perhaps it should be at the lowest possible price for E replacement cost for cans? (cost per E, can vs. can)
Anyway, I just got this idea, and instead of rambling without running all the numbers beforehand I guess I should just post this concept.
Edit: The Revive Chain would be a separate chain from a regular Chain, a faction could not do both for the same chain count and/or bonuses.
Start edit: For this to receive an actual reply (let alone being implemented) you need to upvote this thread.
With the recent changes, something that most likely will change to a larger or lesser degree in the future, I wondered why "revive chains" has never been a thing. Naturally, revivers get cash for their revives, that does not mean that running a revive faction is anywhere near as easy as running a regular warring faction exclusively. Gaining respect is harder as a revive faction, revive during wars/contracts on top of chaining now and then, there is not much energy left for training compared to the regulars.
I suggest that revive factions should get some respect from reviving, say 15-50% of what regular chains would give. Exactly where the balance would be I'm not sure, but to replace 25E you spent during war/revive you would need to spend ~$1,750,000 (energy cans, and the price changes).
Revives costs ~$1M, so they get 57% of the actual value of the energy spent (energy spent -> replacement cost). Going with that number, they lose out of 43% potential respect gain.
A "revive chain" would have the same timers as regular chains, they would not cause any respect loss, bonuses would count the same as regular chains (though separate chain, revive specific). Keeping the revive chain might require members to revive randoms in the hospital.
Exactly where the balance is I'm not 100% sure, respect would be gained outside of "revive chains", I'm guessing the cap would be 43%, but perhaps it should be at the lowest possible price for E replacement cost for cans? (cost per E, can vs. can)
Anyway, I just got this idea, and instead of rambling without running all the numbers beforehand I guess I should just post this concept.
Edit: The Revive Chain would be a separate chain from a regular Chain, a faction could not do both for the same chain count and/or bonuses.
Mentions: [250R+] Revive Chaining