Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

subscriber draw?

Started by Rez [2042110] on in Questions & Answers.

38 replies · 1.09k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 39 / 39 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
39
Discussion span
→
Authority score
67 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
74 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Sara [2430219]
04:20:14 - 08/04/21 You won a daily subscriber draw and gained 1,000x points
04:20:14 - 22/06/21 You won a daily subscriber draw and gained 5,000x points
Amrak_Dezark [2189876]
  • You won 250 points in today's subscriber draw! 04:20:14 17/03/19
  • You won 500 points in today's subscriber draw! 04:20:09 06/03/19
Havent been a subber for around a year though so they are old.
0xHemlock [2662912]
The last report I saw said that there were almost 13k subscribers. I don't have the qualifications I would like to have when it comes to statistics, but statistically speaking I think you could say you have a "good shot" at getting the reward after 20 years (a long time some stats person could figure out) of being a constant subscriber.

As DrCuraga^ said, it's pure RNG. You can't reasonably expect it to happen, sadly.

EDIT: Forgot, it's 5 draws a day. 5/13k ain't much better, though. I mean, 5x better, but still not much.

EDIT 2: A bit of googling on how to set up the equation:
Assuming 12819 subscribers (from the last report I saw), and that the 5 draws are awarded randomly:
Odds of getting a prize in a 1yr period -> 13.27%
Days of being a subscriber to have a statistical 50% chance of winning -> 1777 (4.87 years)
Each individual day chance of winning -> 0.039%