Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Post level 15 boredom

Started by jedikilla [2577226] on in Questions & Answers.

29 replies · 549 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 30 / 30 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
30
Discussion span
→
Authority score
66 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

jedikilla [2577226]
How do you progress after level 15?
My daily routine consists or travelling to buy plushies, gym, crimes, and doing my missions. That's practically it. (with the occasional race)
It's a bit repititve tbh.
What else is there to torn?
How might I speed up my progress?
Is there a faster way to earn more money?
Aargh.
fuad [2088400]
my daily routine is almost the same

added with taking xanax 3 times a day and a e refill,
buy from city shops, take rehab, sell stuff from flying and city shop, take course if ones already finished

when I have enough money, I'll buy all stocks BB, after that I plan to buy the next increment till all of it got maxed, when I think about it, it's really boring but for some reason I enjoy this kind of game that doesn't take much of my time

well my life right now is also kinda repetitive, wake up to a 9 to 5 job on weekdays then on saturday and sunday I sleep all day or scrolling some shits on the net
Fermion [2691036] Officer Officer
Gotta find a income source that is not travelling.

Torn's kind of an open ended game. You could just run plushies for years , or you could set goals for yourself and try to achieve them. A lot of people merit hunt, that can open up the game for you. You'd get to use different mechanics of the game while you do them, and hopefully be interested in some of them
WiseTheRumGone [2078276]
not much to do tbh, its Facebook with stats.


there are a few events, like Elim or Halloween, factions are mostly just a chat room, with a chain once a month or something. running a company can be a pain, but I guess it gives you something to do.

talking shit in forums is the real deal ;)
Aezur [1950769]
People say "fly to earn money after level 15 and fill your bank", and while this is true, it leaves out a HUGE caveat: you fly to make the money you need to make money. Flying is the "flipping burgers" of Torn.

You need to be in Torn to take advantage of deals that come up, so you should only fly when you're not playing Torn. Then you can use your money to make money when you are playing Torn.

As a very simple example, if you buy beer for 3k, and sell it for 3500, you just made over 16 times what you would have in the bank on that 3k, so if you had put that 3k in the bank, you'd have lost a significant % of your potential profit.

Depending on the person, you'll be able to profitably f**k around with different amounts of cash. For me, I can mess with about 500m and consistently make more than the bank. More than that, I start losing money. For others it'll be more, for others it'll be less. So keep that much available to you, and fill the bank with the profit.

What should you do to make money? Whatever you can. It's an economy, so you need to interact with the economy. Find a niche.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Torn goal is always to beat your boredom, avoiding burn out, n be the better version of you the next day. My goals always change. But I always enjoy flipping stuffs (items, stocks, company), chaining and trolling. Oh and I enjoy experimenting or learning random stuffs to make guide or replying ppl in Q&A forum
Halyangx [1867864]
Sorry to say, but Torn is a very repitive game, whatever stage that you are in, or whatever gameplay you decides to choose. It's the people you meet - friends, faction members (and enemies), that keep me around.

There are other ways (above) on how to make money, but imagine, you are talking to your friends, talking shit in your faction chat, (collecting salt from your enemies), WHILE FLYING, it makes the game a lot more fun :)
Fatbears [2197270]
Best you can do is plan to get past flying. Save up for max bank, get a couple of the good ROI benefit blocks then start training harder.

You'll have to keep flying but hitting this stage will take a lot of the growth off your hands and you can dedicate time to "other"
You're going to be in the fly to train cycle for a long time. There's no helping it.

There are lots of very active ways to earn better money then flying, and I'd say you need about 600m liquid to get out of flying all together. Mind I'd still recommend you have the bank and the stock blocks behind you regardless so you can fall back on it.

The stock market is phenomenal at making money. I earned about 7b in 4 months when I was able to dedicate a lot more time to torn.
I've been playing with the bookie lately and if I don't make stupid bets I'm doing extremely well there too.

It's all about applying what you have in other ways to further yourself.
Fatbears [2197270]
Biggest thing is you should have the bank as a fall back.

2b + merits pays for three Xanax a day and most of your rehab. Yes active income will always be better then passive but discounting the power of consistent growth is extremely hard.

I mentioned above I made 7b in little over 4 months in the stock market. But I took a gamble on a stock and it's been massively undervalued since. I've been sitting on dead money for a long time now. And its tkaen this to make me realize, I may have made a little less if I had kept my bank running overall. But I'd still be 1b higher then I am this second and wondering where I'm gonna pull x from to do y.

That passive bump is such a nice little cushion It shoulsnt be avoided. The active can fund the passive or the passive the active. Either way you're xoming out ahead.
Hopslam [795412]
If you’re pretty active then flipping items is the way to go early on to building up wealth. Learn the item markers. Start small. And gradually pick up more and more. Learn how to protect yourself from muggings.
Nuvak [2217078]
Thats how not to play torn. So you fly for most of the day, ofcourse that's boring. Go to the cities tab and check all of them, there are multiple ways u can make money.
I remember when I was pre level 15, my first 13 days of the game, i was flipping points because no one could mug me, i think i made a decent chunk at that. Post level 15 i travelled a bit, i was buying big chocolate boxes and flipping them, buying cars and making like $1k profit each. Or simply stalking the market for those few mill profit deals.
Some people use auctions to make some money there too. Then when you have more money you can invest it in running a company, trading, stocks.