39 replies · 562 views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:40 / 40 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
40
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
45 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Chedburn[1]Admin
· 2 likes · Whatever the issue is, right now it seems to be only affecting some people Canada / US. While we try to debug the issue with our firewalls, you may be able to bypass it with a VPN if it's causing …
I've been on Pod1, Pod2, and Pod3, and sometimes the server just hangs, and you have to refresh to load the page. Sometimes you have to refresh twice to get the page to load.
Clearly a hosting issue. Reboot the server??? I'm just reporting it.
-EDIT- It's been going on for at least 8-10 hours. It's just gotten really bad lately.
Yeah right now I can load Facebook, Google, Youtube Videos (I am listening to one right now...) I had to hit the back button to even post this. Something is going on with the Torn Servers that you JOE seem oblivious to. Just reboot your shit, easy peasy.
Experienced the same issue myself, countless times, using the official Android app. It's simply a horrible experience, constantly lags, often doesn't load at all (force closing the app seems to fix it but, within seconds it happens again).
I switched to the PDA app which was more stable until recently but, I don't wanna take the focus off this issue, just mentioning it as a possible alternative to anyone with this same issue.
(To clarify, I only use the mobile apps, not a desktop browser)
This has been occurring for me also over the past 18-24 hours. I'd say 1 in 5 links/action buttons I press have a 5-10 second delay and sometimes it's hanging to the point of needing to f5. It's applicable to things such as clicking users profiles, attacking, city find items, training employees, sending chat DMs (I won't see my message input, but 10 seconds later will receive a person's response with my input).. basically everything in the game.
I did receive a game server error last night that appeared above the attacking options during one of my attacks, believe it was something like "game server error / timeout". I wish I had screenshotted it. I will keep trying to reproduce it today while I'm attacking. But this makes me believe it is a server issue. My connection is very stable and yes I've cleared cache.