Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Some pages not loading.

Started by Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor on in Bugs & Issues.

39 replies · 562 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 40 / 40 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
40
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
45 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
Completely randomly.

I've been on Pod1, Pod2, and Pod3, and sometimes the server just hangs, and you have to refresh to load the page. Sometimes you have to refresh twice to get the page to load.

Clearly a hosting issue. Reboot the server??? I'm just reporting it.



-EDIT-
It's been going on for at least 8-10 hours. It's just gotten really bad lately.
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
Literally just walked away and went to the bathroom after posting that... It was still loading but just finally loaded fully.

Servers are hanging for some reason...
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
It was happening on my phone using the official torn app, then I switched to browser.

Btw, my spouse, who I am sure you know we live together by now, she was mentioning it too.

I just have never experienced it lasting this long before. Literally before loading this page, I had to refresh after 30 seconds of waiting.

Joe, just get your hosting company to reboot the servers or something. Honestly man.
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
Yeah right now I can load Facebook, Google, Youtube Videos (I am listening to one right now...) I had to hit the back button to even post this. Something is going on with the Torn Servers that you JOE seem oblivious to. Just reboot your shit, easy peasy.
Freddo [2058023]
Was happening to me yesterday evening! Every page works fine and loads almost instantly but for me Personal stats was not loading at all
ThunderBlitz [2684774]
Experienced the same issue myself, countless times, using the official Android app. It's simply a horrible experience, constantly lags, often doesn't load at all (force closing the app seems to fix it but, within seconds it happens again).

I switched to the PDA app which was more stable until recently but, I don't wanna take the focus off this issue, just mentioning it as a possible alternative to anyone with this same issue.

(To clarify, I only use the mobile apps, not a desktop browser)
bethink [2637909]
same - page loads right after refreshing - I bet it's caching / cdn issue - but definitely getting lots of misses just like Ohadik reports
Armysqueaky [2567758]
Say that you don't know shit about computers and servers without saying you don't know shit about computers:

Ohadik: Observe



I don't see the issue for me tho
Using a vivo 1902 and both TORN app and pda works fine
Penetration [2340613]
Mobile, Chrome

Had issues this morning within the last couple hours. One of the times it actually went to an error page and specified it was the Torn servers.
deft [979003]
This has been occurring for me also over the past 18-24 hours. I'd say 1 in 5 links/action buttons I press have a 5-10 second delay and sometimes it's hanging to the point of needing to f5. It's applicable to things such as clicking users profiles, attacking, city find items, training employees, sending chat DMs (I won't see my message input, but 10 seconds later will receive a person's response with my input).. basically everything in the game.

I did receive a game server error last night that appeared above the attacking options during one of my attacks, believe it was something like "game server error / timeout". I wish I had screenshotted it. I will keep trying to reproduce it today while I'm attacking. But this makes me believe it is a server issue. My connection is very stable and yes I've cleared cache.