Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Buffalo

Started by Viracocha [1772040] on in Politics & Law.

648 replies · 2.93k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 649 / 649 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

-El- [463504]
I love the fact that you live in denial sometimes. It's hysterical.

Other times, it's annoying as f**k, especially at your age.
Viracocha [1772040]
I'm not in denial. That's just it.

I've known some very racist folk in my life. I find them deplorable.

However, I don't think it does any service to falsely attribute causes to events without reasonable inquiry.
Viracocha [1772040]
Mental Illness
Divisive media and gov't
Broken Home/Absent or toxic parents
Racism
Immaturity
Stupidity
A sense of hopelessness.
A lack of equal voices.
I could go on.
Viracocha [1772040]
What does China have to do with this tragedy?
Further I didn't blame BLM for this atrocity.
I'm saying BLM isn't helping to further respectful dialogue.
Viracocha [1772040]
Folks lets be reasonable with each other and see if we can come up with points we can see eye to eye on and maybe advance solutions that are meaningful/helpful.
Ripley [2180244]
Recognize that white supremacy is a serious problem and that pushing victim-blaming narratives encourages more people to go down that path.
Ripley [2180244]
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4318286/

Yet surprisingly little population-level evidence supports the notion that individuals diagnosed with mental illness are more likely than anyone else to commit gun crimes. According to Appelbaum, less than 3% to 5% of US crimes involve people with mental illness, and the percentages of crimes that involve guns are lower than the national average for persons not diagnosed with mental illness. Databases that track gun homicides, such as the National Center for Health Statistics, similarly show that fewer than 5% of the 120 000 gun-related killings in the United States between 2001 and 2010 were perpetrated by people diagnosed with mental illness.
Ripley [2180244]
JAQing off is also agenda-pushing. I'm not going to deny I want to advance an agenda; mine doesn't need to disguise itself.
Ripley [2180244]
His story is basically, "while I was getting radicalized by 4channers, I heard about a white supremacist shooting and decided my priority should be understanding the perpetrator, and I found that his views were just a cask-strength version of mine."