Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Thankful

Started by Stretch [1846075] Officer on in General Discussion.

109 replies · 4.63k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 110 / 110 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Typhon [1439845]

Brother, your little disclaimer is all well and good "If I didnt include you, it doesnt mean I am not thankful for you, it's just that there are innumerable people who helped me get to where I am today" but you missed off kanzu 🤣🤣🤣

Touch [1317237]

Prime rib roast, turkey and venison tenderloin. Also special shout out to mashed potatoes with gravy. 

SporkMonkey [2065017]

Jokes aside…

 

I am thankful for the players from various factions that have taken the time to get to know me, and me them, without making assumptions of what I am like based on my forum posts.

 

You know who you are. ❤️

Kelsie [340367]

I’m thankful for all of the friends and family I’ve made throughout my entire Torn journey - especially those who still play from back then. For all of my PT family. My staff family as well. 

I am eternally thankful for Para who has remained a very close friend for over 7 years. Providing me with so much help and confidence, you’ve helped me grow as a player. 🖤

 

And for my torn found real life husband. Coming up on 4 years married already. Life has been everything I’ve ever dreamed of with you! 🖤🖤

 

 

Overseer [2143302]

Unimpressed and the whole crew here at WR is great, definitrly thankful for them all :)

 

clwee, wet_bra and all the other friends I’ve got.

 

reddead, dmozzz, muzza, my rivals.

 

Untouchable, shooby, abz and wwx my graphics mentors. :)

DarthRevan [2836054] Reporter

DarthZaalbaar, Scooper54, Lustdragon69, some guy called Stretch who leads a faction a few people know about. All of them helped me become who I am today in TORN :D Countless other names have of course popped up throughout my time here sorry I can't list them all :D 

From giving faction advice, just being someone to have a solid conversation with, and being able to have some solid banter. 

 

And a specific shoutout to PastorDad who has made nearly every piece of art I've needed commissioned in the last year or so. Couldn't have as nice a profile or faction without ya! 

 

Can't go without saying thank you to Granite_Cutter for kicking me out of Infurnum leading to me creating my own faction! Who knows if I would have continued playing if that had never happened <3 

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

Such a great idea for a thread.

 

I am thankful for too many people to name. But I could definitely name some notables. 

 

I'm grateful for Kamikaze-Tool and 811/Tooi/You/Intent/inflation for giving me a home (Arcadia) the last few years after a very chaotic period in my life. They stood strong and stuck up for me, put up with me, and helped me regain some balance even while not knowing me very well at the time (they know me very well now). The pair of them could be the only reason I still play. So if you're mad about that, blame them.

 

I would like to shout out Stretch and Vicarious for teaching me first hand a golden rule in Torn that I think about all the time, passing it on to try to teach others in Torn very often, even going as far as to applying it in real life situations. --- They taught me that actions have consequences. Think before you say and do something because there are real people with real thoughts on the other side of the screen. Conduct yourself in the way you want to be seen. And just because you say that you're sorry doesn't mean they owe you anything in return. Very impactful teachings from these two very different but also very wise players.

 

I am thankful for beaker. A very little known player that helped run a faction with me for many many years. She doesn't play much anymore and really sticks to herself. But she's had huge impacts on me all these years.

 

I am grateful for Hemigidius for being the best reviver a player could ask for. (His faction is pretty good at it too). He's just a great friend, probably to everyone he meets. Awesome dude to just talk to and he's always got a positive mindset about everything.

 

Another shoutout to my Ride or Die crew that have remained friends, long after me leaving SA. Metallistar, Splurgal (Yes, I know he's banned atm), Dromedan... to name a few. Thanks guys!

 

If you're not named, you suck.

 

Kidding. It's hard making lists, and I know someone is gonna DM me today or tomorrow and I'm gonna be kicking myself for forgetting about  them. 

NW-war34455 [3480420]

I would like too take this moment too thank those, who helped me from my start. [You know, who you are :)]

There will be those who try and bring you down, but never let that happen.

 

Do good, and good things will surely come too pass.

 

Sweeney_Todd [27468]

I'm thankful that the Torn staff finally said no to the abuse the community has had to put up with for years...

 

Not thankful that it took one of their own to suffer for it to happen, like the rest of our complaints were shit on as we were no bodies...

 

But hopefully they will learn from how it feels to be the victim...

Mujera [1420465]

Nice to see a thread like this in the forums. 

 

Super thankful for the incredible support I've received from my faction during my battle with cancer.   Always checking in on me, being so supportive when I couldn't be there for wars and following up on my progress means more than I could ever express. 

 

Also thankful to my boss who was supportive through my surgery and recovery and always following up on my progress.

 

Cancer is tough, but the love and support from those I've never met face to face has made this journey worth the fight.

 

I'm thankful to this game which has served as a much needed distraction when I have felt overwhelmed.    Shoutout to Ched, Bogie, the staff and volunteers who keep this game going.   You have provided a place to escape and a community for not just me but so many others. 

DedeSiregar [2430598]

Thestud and my noobs. 

For teaching how real friendship, compassion, and empathy look like.  

Mercs, revivers, war opponents, and trading customers for helping our wars and income.

Pic [2716847]

I am thankful for all that have taught me how to play the game properly.

 

Leaders of IDF, IHQ - for helping me sell my first RW weapon for 2b. Vinn, Jer, and others

 

People from WIT & KingWink - a very welcoming and friendly faction, taught me a lot of things.

 

DA - or bringing me in, it was one of my wishes to join when i was weaker

 

BitchCutter- from SA for teaching me how to run my first ever company, Cruise Line.

 

Vynical - used to be my main goto trader years ago

 

Darkline Faction for letting me join their 100k chain. my first ever 100k chain.

 

Cyber Warfare faction, very friendly faction.

 

and finally the ones that taught me how to war in the first place. H&M

they are the ones that still motivate me to continue improving in the game so I can be at their level.

I will forever remember you guys in my heart. 👍