Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

More world conflicts

Started by Asbestos [2605613] on in Politics & Law.

136 replies · 618 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 137 / 137 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
137
Discussion span
→
Authority score
26 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
47 / 100
Engagement score
79 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Asbestos [2605613]

I did an experiment and gave it a few days to see if anyone would post about a couple of big world events. Unsurprisingly, not a peep from any of the usual crowd, presumably because “no Jews, no news.”


Syria


Islamic Terror organization Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS), formerly Jabhat al-Nusra (an Al-Qaeda affiliate) is busy invading Syria (and it’s shitty government propped up by Iran, Russia, and Hezbollah). 

 

https://www.csis.org/programs/former-programs/warfare-irregular-threats-and-terrorism-program-archives/terrorism-backgrounders/hayat-tahrir

 

Syrian and Russian air strikes have hit civilian areas, including a hospital and killing a number of people. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2024/dec/01/syria-iran-abbas-araghchi-damascas-visit-aleppo-fall-bashar-al-assad

 

Georgia

 

20% of Georgia has been occupied by Russian occupation forces (for years now).

There have been three nights of violent protests following the governments suspension of EU membership talks, and passing of laws, adopted from Russia’s efforts to crack down on free speech and LGBTQ. 

https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2024/12/01/protests-continue-across-georgia-for-third-night-after-eu-accession-talks-suspension

 

WiseTheRumGone [2078276]

im a bit clueless when it comes to syria at this time, but the conflicts are still ongoing no? seems like same old. the georgia stuff is old news too, its bad, but thats another reason to arm ukraine. 

 

these are important matters but i understand why no recent threads were made

Asbestos [2605613]

Conflicts just started within the past few days.  The reason no one made mention of it is because they can’t do it with any integrity next to their other howling. There isn’t a hated group to demonize. 

No Jews, no news. 

 

Unlucky [2472585]

What an odd post. 

Are you accusing literally everyone on this site including yourself of an agenda for not posting about something? You know you fully had the ability to create a post if you were interested in talking about it. 

Asbestos [2605613]

Scroll up. I did create a post. 

Im accusing the usual outspoken Middle East and “humanitarian” activists of being hypocritically silent. They care a lot when it’s a chance to stick it to the Jews. When it’s Islamic jihadist/arab on Arab, crickets. 

Unlucky [2472585]

Yes but only as a way to point something out about others. Doesn’t scream that you actually care about these conflicts, more that you want to use them as a beating stick. 

Yes and your post accidentally has included everyone on these forums except yourself, if I’m being extremely charitable to your intent. 

Like I said you’re accusing everyone of something. 

Smilin-Assassin [965750]

That's some impressively narrow thinking, seriously, is that the peak of your intellectual capacity? Tunnel vision must be cozy when you’ve got a brain-sized flashlight guiding you, ye?

 

Syria’s situation is a tangled web of chaos, alliances, and propaganda from all sides since it started. Both groups claim to represent Islam while discrediting the other. Add neighboring countries meddling for their own gain, and you’ve got a mess no one fully understands. Why should people feel obligated to start threads about something they haven't had the time or clarity to analyze yet? Ignorance isn’t a crime if it comes with enough self-respect to stay quiet until informed. I know it's a foreign concept to you BTW. But I am just saying.

 

Also, what’s with dragging Jews into this? Are you trying to make every conflict about them out of habit, hate, or some twisted form of obsession? You’re the one making it about Jews when it has nothing to do with them AFAIK. From here, it looks like you're either projecting or reaching for relevance where none exists. 

windyrockbell [2805009]

Syria has been locked in a civil war with Assad since the Obama administration. The fact some extra islamist militia have shown up isn't that noteworthy. It's impressive that Aleppo has been taken but it's hard to say if they can hold it. If course, people are suggesting Russia is too preoccupied with Ukraine to lend the support Assad needs

Asbestos [2605613]

I do not feel passionately about Syria. Both sides of the conflict are really bad people. 

I absolutely do want to use it as a beating stick though. All of the fake “humanitarians” who have been so outspoken in Gaza are completely silent in the face of similar things in Syria. Hospitals have been bombed. Where is daprinceomar to howl about it? 🦗 Civilians have been killed. Where is Capgros? 🦗 

 

These jokers have never been pro-Palestinian ever. At no point have they demanded things that benefit the Palestinian people. They have only demanded things that harm the Jews or benefit Hamas. 

No Jews, no news. 

Asbestos [2605613]

Both sides represent Islam?

 

 

The Jews having nothing to do with it is the point. That’s why you’re silent. Islamist on Arab violence?  Not news for you. Why?  Because there are no Jews to shit on. 

Unlucky [2472585]

So unless you create posts about every conflict you can’t have opninions on any? 

I best not see you make any posts about any conflicts then since I’ve not see you make a post about the ongoing Somalian civil war, or even the recent restarting on conflict in Sudan. 

Lenin [2199004]

Israel is on "our side" - that is why it's our realm to criticize, whilst some tribes in the depths of post-colonial chaos in Africa are not.

 

The states we're actively funding, arming, and apologizing for tend to be the ones that get attention around here.

Smilin-Assassin [965750]

Yes, last I heard, both sides represent Islam. Not according to me; but according to them. My exact words were "Both groups claim to represent Islam while discrediting the other." Convenient how you skipped over the important parts, innit? 

 

No, I am silent on it because things are still unfolding. I was clear when I said that I have nothing against the Jews. I am also silent on the Russia-Ukraine war. Why aren't you asking me about it? I was also silent about the Jewish tunnels and synagogues in New York. I don't dabble in the unknown and you know this about me. There is nothing for me to add to this topic or discuss because I simply do not know enough. 

If you wanna shit on me for not talking about something I don't know and for not having opinions on matters I am yet to grasp, feel free. 

 

As for the Islamists and Arab violence; what do you want us to say? Do you want us to condemn it? Do you want us to call them out and tell them that they are all going to hell for killing their own in Islam? Do you want us to start a thread and create further division between ourselves? 

Asbestos [2605613]

Do you not care about hospitals being bombed in Syria?  Why are the ones in Gaza special?  The only difference I can see is that a Jewish nation didn’t drop the bomb in Syria. 

It is very difficult for me to believe that you are super passionate about it in Gaza from a purely humanitarian perspective, yet indifferent in Syria absent any ulterior motives. 

Asbestos [2605613]

You’ve seen me comment fairly frequently on the Uyghur genocide. 

The fact of the matter is that most of you super humanitarians aren’t what you claim. 

Bomb hits hospital in Gaza: outrage

Bomb hits hospital in Syria: silence

 

You guys aren’t humanitarians. You’re terrorism enablers LARPing as humanitarians. 

No Jews, no news. 

Unlucky [2472585]

Yes but that’s not every conflict is it? 

You: 

People detained in Xinjiang: Outrage 

People detained in Belarus: Silence. 

See how retarded this taking point is yet?