Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

100b COMPLETE

Started by Hopslam [795412] on in Achievements.

97 replies · 1k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 98 / 98 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
98
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
56 / 100
Engagement score
79 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Hopslam [795412] ×1

Hopslam [795412]

Today I did it. 100b total battle stats completed. Post a reply on this thread to "sign my guestbook" for this monumental day. Cheers!

 

16:34:10 - 27/03/25 You were awarded the honor: Shredded

 

[image: i.gyazo.com]

 

 

Today, this puts me at rank #91 in battle stats.

 

[image: i.gyazo.com]

 

 

For those wondering how long it took. Well... it took a long time. With my signup date being April 17 2008, it took me just under 17 years.

 

[image: i.gyazo.com]

 

 

And I didn't even reach 1m total battle stats until over 3 years into the game.

 

Battle Stats as of August 27, 2011


Speed: 150,187
Strength: 650,184
Defense: 50,122
Dexterity: 150,226
Total: 1,000,720

 

 

It was a slow start for me in Torn but I kept at it and now here I am with 100b total battle stats. I have said it before and I'll say it again, it took consistency and longevity for me to get to this point. I didn't speed run anything. I never excelled at that much over other players. I didn't have fancy guides in the beginning, or fancy tools, scripts, browser extensions, apps, alerts or notifications along the way. I didn't get ahead with any financial exploits. I didn't buy my way through the game with any DP purchases. I didn't have luck in the Casino (no major successes in slots, high-low, bookie, lottery, blackjack, poker, russian roulette). I didn't have success in mugging. It was simply Longevity (just simply being here a long time) and Consistency (just continuously growing and playing the game). I slowly progressed, doing many of the basic money making activities along the way, like traveling, finding items in the city, participating in game competitions and events, trading, bank investment, some PI rentals, some company earnings (had an Oil Rig and TV company each for a little while), stock market trading, and faction warring, to highlight a few methods. I did have to break my gameplay code to achieve this though. Historically, I very rarely spent on items to use except from profits and earnings. That is one of the basic fundamentals to growing networth; spend less than you earn. Well... during the past 4-5 months, I definitely broke that code and spent a lot on Stat Enhancers to use. I am a little bummed that I had to spend so much from my existing Networth. Nonetheless, I am overall happy with this achievement and milestone, so cheers to that! I have had a lot of fun and a lot of frustration along the way, as do we all that have been here a number of years. I don't make enough income in the current game environment to continue rising up the battle stat rankings, so.... Next up, I look to purchase a full EOD armor set (still waiting patiently for the right deal to come along), and to continue to have some fun in faction ranked warring. I know there are many flaws in the current warring systems, but there is still huge potential for a lot of fun to be had in faction warring, whether in current systems or future updates.

 

 

If you're bored and feel like reading more, you can check out of my profile page; it's mostly from pre-2020 (old stuff). I know some of the links (newspaper articles and forum threads) may no longer work, but I'm too skeered to edit it now, because the new profile editor will likely break a lot of the formatting and stuff. I will get around to it someday...

https://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=795412

 

 

To end, I'm just going to post a few screenshots to highlight my Torn profile as today March 27 2025.  

 

Thanks for stopping by. Sign my "guestbook" by posting a reply!

 

 

[image: i.gyazo.com]

 

[image: i.gyazo.com]

 

[image: i.gyazo.com]

 

[image: i.gyazo.com]

 

[image: i.gyazo.com]

 

[image: i.gyazo.com]

 

[image: i.gyazo.com]

[image: i.gyazo.com]

 

[image: i.gyazo.com]

 

[image: i.gyazo.com]

 

 

Disclaimer:  I am probably the slowest, least exciting, most loserish Torn player to achieve the 100b total battle stat milestone, and probably will be for years to come.

Mentions: Hopslam [795412]

wet_bra [2753024]

Nice, congratz!! :D 


21:56:20 - 27/03/25 You were sent a Bottle of Pumpkin Brew from Hopslam with the message: cheers wet_bra

Cheers :D 

SidhuMooseWala [2959112]

Congrats & Cheers!

 

Speaking of cheers, here's a quote from it.

 

Well you see, Norm, it’s like this … A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.”

Level100Coochie [2983838]

Congrats! Masssive.

 

seeing a game that people played this long and consistently is what first piqued my interest about this game. Something special about a game that can get people to do that for near multiple decades. Glad you're still finding the fun in RW, I love it and I like to see veteran players still enjoying it too.