Have you heard of Space Station 13? You need to download the BYOND platform, an ancient piece of software that gets updates that still runs due to consistently having updates duct-taped to it every few days, but it's incredibly fun. The premise is that you take a job for a shift on a space station, anything from the chef to an atmospherics technician, and you have to do your job while dealing with traitors, xenomorphs, space nazis, and sometimes cults. Some servers focus more on roleplay, while others like to go mechanics-heavy.
Quitting Torn, giving away stuff
Started by DCPX [3664719] on in Fun & Games.
Posts archived: 129 / 129 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOTAS
This is a historic piece and checks most of your boxes. It is super weird, mostly forgotten, shaped the genre and is fun. You sound like you should be able to bypass the "it's a flash game" issue.
As to steam: https://store.steampowered.com/developer/MatthewBrown check out this guy. Obscure, brilliant. Alchemia is really tough, be warned. But wow.
Well heard what you said.....please can you describe me the nearest motel? Wanna know how torn babes taste....
You've been playing just a little longer than me, which makes you like an older brother. As your younger brother, you should give me your stuff. Unfortunately, I don't know any other games, but I'm looking forward to GTA6.
Check out Sinister Streets. It is like a barebones torn type game
If you like weird, ingenious, old school point and click adventure games I recommend the don’t escape and deep sleep series by scriptwelder. You’ll find the games online
There is no more cool stuff, than giving me yer stuff
this looks like Among Us but with a higher barrier of entry...
This silly little football article is unironically one of the coolest works of internet fiction I've experienced, I hope you enjoy :D
yeah thats a classic, good to know people out there still know about it
Alright so there's this site that lets you see web pages from the early days of the internet. It's really neat
Try simplemmo :)
Sorry in advance if someone else sent these before me
Games
A Dark Room: This is a text-based game. Not sure if it's mystery.
LittleAlchemy2: Web game where you mix elements
Fun Links
Psychology - Personality Test Experiment:
- Fill out the personality test: Test
- Look at an explanation (the fun part) DO NOT LOOK AT THIS FIRST (you will spoil it): Explanation
Best physiology/medicine videos: osmosis
More psychology tests: HumanBenchmark, Washington.edu
Learning Languages (not duolingo): Learn101
Stream channels all around the world: TVgarden
Fake Update Prank: FakeUpdate
Draw with Sand: Thisissand
Draw and AI guesses: Quick, Draw!
Takes you to real and useless websites: The Useless Web
Optical Illusions: Optical Toys
Coding
W3Schools & W3Resources: These have a lot of languages. Very organized website and good intro!
PythonTutor: Python, Java, C, C++, and JavaScript debugger help tool when learning
Python-specific: A Byte of Python, Think Python, Python Developer's Guide.
For all languages, I also recommend opening the documentation site and getting familiar with it, since it literally has everything! It's super helpful when you are stuck or when learning something new.
Your Chronicle is a pretty fun and expansive Text based RPG game. I enjoy it when I do smth other than Torn.
Nothing cool to report, but best of luck from a WPNG brother
Not sure if I can link it but Library of Babel (https://libraryofbabel.info)
It contains everything ever written.
It has around 10²⁹⁰⁰⁰⁰ books. If you put all of those onto bookshelves,
they’d wrap around every galaxy trillions upon trillions of times… and still wouldn’t fit.
Dunno if its been mentioned here but a favorite of mine is the useless web
just a random website that gives you random websites :) they all have some random gimmick or something fun to do on them
When I am bored I like to check out indie games at itch.io and I once found this game called ,,PolyTrack“ on there and I have been playing it whenever I am in school and bored. It‘s like an online version of TrackMania
PolyTeack Link: https://kodub.itch.io/polytrack
itch.io Home Screen: https://itch.io
Coding:
W3Schools has already been mentioned but I can definetely agree that it is great. I have never programmed anything except a website about my school using HTML & CSS and it teaches everything.
And this is a website where you can do challenges using your CSS knowledge: https://cssbattle.dev/
And maybe check this free open source coding curriculum out called the Odin Project: https://www.theodinproject.com
You love trump or just wanna feel the orange power?? https://pixel-spark.itch.io/trump-stamp