Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Quitting Torn, giving away stuff

Started by DCPX [3664719] on in Fun & Games.

128 replies · 859 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 129 / 129 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

RheaRose [3919104]

Have you heard of Space Station 13? You need to download the BYOND platform, an ancient piece of software that gets updates that still runs due to consistently having updates duct-taped to it every few days, but it's incredibly fun. The premise is that you take a job for a shift on a space station, anything from the chef to an atmospherics technician, and you have to do your job while dealing with traitors, xenomorphs, space nazis, and sometimes cults. Some servers focus more on roleplay, while others like to go mechanics-heavy.

Ceejay_Romeo [3975536]

Well heard what you said.....please can you describe me the nearest motel? Wanna know how torn babes taste....

NuRaahl [3728561]

You've been playing just a little longer than me, which makes you like an older brother.  As your younger brother, you should give me your stuff.  Unfortunately, I don't know any other games, but I'm looking forward to GTA6.

yeyeboy [1948203]

If you like weird, ingenious, old school point and click adventure games I recommend the don’t escape and deep sleep series by scriptwelder. You’ll find the games online

Lexeal [3495129]

Hi.

Enjoy the life without Xanax & beer!

 

Here are some from my "cool" bookmarks:

  1. Origin of the web/ history stuff
  2. Create retro/90s gifs
  3. Internet archives

 

Hope something here is useful or cool. Thanks! 

Lunalia [3375236]

Sorry in advance if someone else sent these before me

 

Games
A Dark Room: This is a text-based game. Not sure if it's mystery. 

LittleAlchemy2: Web game where you mix elements

 

Fun Links

Psychology - Personality Test Experiment: 

  1. Fill out the personality test: Test
  2. Look at an explanation (the fun part) DO NOT LOOK AT THIS FIRST (you will spoil it):  Explanation

Best physiology/medicine videos: osmosis

More psychology tests: HumanBenchmark, Washington.edu

Learning Languages (not duolingo): Learn101

Stream channels all around the world: TVgarden

Fake Update Prank: FakeUpdate

Draw with Sand: Thisissand

Draw and AI guesses: Quick, Draw! 

Takes you to real and useless websites: The Useless Web

Optical Illusions: Optical Toys

 

Coding

W3Schools & W3Resources: These have a lot of languages. Very organized website and good intro! 

PythonTutor: Python, Java, C, C++, and JavaScript debugger help tool when learning 

Python-specific: A Byte of Python, Think Python, Python Developer's Guide. 

 

For all languages, I also recommend opening the documentation site and getting familiar with it, since it literally has everything! It's super helpful when you are stuck or when learning something new. 

 

 

9nines [3909557]

Not sure if I can link it but Library of Babel (https://libraryofbabel.info)

 

It contains everything ever written.

 

It has around 10²⁹⁰⁰⁰⁰ books. If you put all of those onto bookshelves, 

they’d wrap around every galaxy trillions upon trillions of times… and still wouldn’t fit.

A1D [3105864]

Dunno if its been mentioned here but a favorite of mine is the useless web

 

just a random website that gives you random websites :) they all have some random gimmick or something fun to do on them

KingTurk [3658422]

When I am bored I like to check out indie games at itch.io and I once found this game called ,,PolyTrack“ on there and I have been playing it whenever I am in school and bored. It‘s like an online version of TrackMania

 

PolyTeack Link: https://kodub.itch.io/polytrack

itch.io Home Screen: https://itch.io 

 

Coding:

W3Schools has already been mentioned but I can definetely agree that it is great. I have never programmed anything except a website about my school using HTML & CSS and it teaches everything. 

And this is a website where you can do challenges using your CSS knowledge: https://cssbattle.dev/ 

And maybe check this free open source coding curriculum out called the Odin Project: https://www.theodinproject.com