Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[Userscript] Crime Profitability

Started by Heartflower [2626587] on in Tools & Userscripts.

130 replies · 13.1k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 131 / 131 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

dang_nabbit [2173594]

this is happening to me for a few days now, it happened once before a few months ago and it fixed on its own, so im hoping it will self fix again soon

Beerstein [1322136]

It always shows lower numbers than reality with cracking, even when you finish it. I think it always assumes you need +1 click? Either way the estimate is ALWAYS too low.

DieselBlade [1701621] Wiki Contributor

I understand it is not (yet) possible to calculate the $ / nerve for crimes such as Scamming and Arson.

 

However, would it be possible to add the average $ expected from the job? Emforus has these in their guide. They're unlikely to change much so could be hard coded in.

 

Something like this: (I just used the inspect for the example)

 

As some of the payouts as significantly higher, without much additional difficulty.

DieselBlade [1701621] Wiki Contributor

The $/nerve display for Cracking is still broken. On the crimes page it shows $6k/nerve:


However, I have a subcrime which is over $9k/nerve:

Emforus' sheet shows a few subcrimes over $6.1k per nerve

DrClarkus [2476201]

For best CE gain, should I be doing the highest of these numbers?  It's odd a level 1 would have 144 vs a level 20 having zero.

 

 

Beerstein [1322136]

This seems super off, is there a reason things like Junkyard search show so low when it's so much higher? I also hear of people making way more in burglary than this shows. The cracking is super off as well, often showing much lower than it is.

 

I feel like this works off old data to the point it's not feeling useful at all.

Ferrik [860546]

For a while this script had a highlighting happening in pickpocketing I believe, highlighting the highest value targets like the cyclist and the Mobster, any chance that'll be returning some day?

OgDaarth [2837048]

I've been having a weird thing happening with cracking for me. On PDA it displays the $/N of 6BF, on my laptop is displays the $/N of 7BF. My rig is a 6.58 BF. Wonder how to make them sync up, if possible.

Waxilium [3469889]

Okay, glad it isn't just me.  It seems that this stopped working, which is a real shame, as I use it to judge which cracking jobs are worth my time 🫤

Spargel [2568511]

I was about to post the same, that it just looks like the class names need fixed for it to be working again.

 

Neth's version appears to be working for me.

ThtAstronautGuy [1977683] Moderator Official

Regex find and replace in Sublime text fixed this script perfectly for me!

 

Find: ('| ).(.*?___).....

 

Replace: $1[class*="$2"]

 

This will get almost everything! The only thing left is 2 other references, which you can simply find with virtualItemsBackdrop___oTwUm and replace with [class*="virtualItemsBackdrop___"]