Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Yet Another Goodbye Thread!

Started by Lady_Roisin [2772981] on in General Discussion.

352 replies · 17.1k views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 353 / 353 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
353
Discussion span
→
Authority score
63 / 100
Historical score
56 / 100
Story score
83 / 100
Engagement score
91 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Lady_Roisin [2772981] ×2 LouCypher [1403609] ×1

Lady_Roisin [2772981]
EDIT by Lady_Roisins's rl husband - https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=2&t=16311579&b=0&a=0&start=280&to=23198643

Roisins passed away peacefully as I held her tight, thank you for all your support.





As the title suggests, this is me saying goodbye.

I had hoped to be able to hold off on this for a little longer, but I want to say Goodbye whilst I still can.

Many of those who know me, know that I came to Torn City as escapism, brought here by my mother in law as part of her supporting me when I was told my cancer had progressed and was now incurable.

Fate then twisted its knife and my mother in law herself was diagnosed with cancer and she passed away not long after her diagnosis.

I've been doing well, been lucky enough to get onto a great trial and been healthy and able to live a happy, normal life, really thriving alongside my cancer.

Unfortunately, time has caught up with me - the cancer is now in my brain, I am struggling to focus, I am sleeping a lot, movement is getting difficult - literally 3 weeks ago I was walking around town, laughing, tasting cocktails and eating Italian - now that feels a lifetime away and suddenly my diagnosis is real.

I want to say a huge thank you to the factions who have put up with me - from NNGO Blood Money who gave me an amazing start - and I will forever miss the chaos and fun in your chats and discord - to a brief stay in Phat_Buds, who welcomed me, but I somehow never fit - although they are a fabulous team, to finally finding my Torn City Home at Quidnunks HQ where somehow I did fit and it simply feels right.

I have met so many people here - from those who have played RR with me - including the lucky person who managed to wipe the floor with me as I was getting rid of my excess cash last week - no, I am not naming names! Through to the RR and casino muggers - Mugs_Bunny, Invert, Powermansk, Kup, Crazyyyy, Bish, Ihavemanynames, Blackclown, Sugarcube, Nihu - just a few names, all great people to chat to and I thank you for keeping me on my toes when playing.

The traders, the healers, the helpers, those I have annoyed - seriously, Shooby, I have NO idea what I did to end up on your ignore list, but hey, I love you too!

I am hoping to be able to log on daily for a while yet, but I am aware that my hopes are not in charge here and I want to write this whilst I am able.

thank you for making Torn City what it is, thank you for being a place I can vanish into and be a completely different person when needed, thank you for every little action, both the positive and the negatives.

Catch you all on the other side, I'll make sure they have the games rooms open.


Latest Update - Click Here

Mentions: Yet Another Goodbye Thread!

Odin-All-Father [2010524]
OMG I DIDNT READ IT IM SO SORRY

love to you and your family.
  • You were sent a Snapback Hat from Lady_Roisin with the message: here - to disguise yourself! :)
I’ll wear it forever.
Rhosco [2775765]
<3
You have been nothing but kind and welcoming in the few interactions we had.

Torn will be worse without you.

All the best,
Rhosco
TheFelan [945786] Moderator Official
Your stronger than you know. We have never had the pleasure of meeting, but your story is just as compelling. Best of luck in the coming time and enjoying life to the fullest. Thank you for making torn a community!
calli_ [2061764]
I hope the time you have left is filled with family and thanks for joining the torn gang even if you do need to leave a little early.
Helmstetter [2272097]
This is a gut-wrenching reminder that there are real people behind these screen names and that most of the time, we don't really know what they are dealing with in the real world.

We've never met, but I will be thinking of you, sending thoughts of comfort, and wishing for a miracle.
Mr_Paradise [2091342]
I know you not, but I wish you best of luck in whatever may come next.
Deus custodiat animam tuam cum misericordia et amore divina
Robbo [1826175]
Damn, a tough read but its a healthy thing to be reminded of our own mortality every now and again, that time is coming for us all, thank you for sharing.

Wishing you peace and happiness for the time you have left.
iCart [2164716]
Thank you for giving me directions even from your hospital room. I appreciate you helping me out. Love you you and your family. ? ?
-Beesus- [1959482]
This made me choke up a little bit, I’m so sorry this is happening. I wish I knew what to say, but times like this you just feel speechless </3

Sending you lots of love and positive vibes. It was an honour to have the privilege of drawing for you.
Shenzi [2410113]
sorry to read this, and that life has delt you this shitty hand, i am glad tho that you could find some comfort in the family you had in torn, hope the time you have left is easy and as pain free as possible.

goodbye
Zimbelle [2162084]
So sorry to hear of your diagnosis, hoping they find some more treatments for you to improve your days.


While I hadn't met you in Torn I'm so glad you found the people here that allowed you to escape the realities of ongoing treatment.


Sending lots of love to you and your family