Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Elimination Prep 2017

Started by Hopslam [795412] on in General Discussion.

118 replies · 3.02k views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 119 / 119 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
119
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
65 / 100
Engagement score
82 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Wollongong [12833] ×1 _Cynic_ [206537] ×1 CindyFury [345050] ×1 Sky [380980] ×1 Mat-Senpai [952164] ×1 magicBear [1515506] ×1 Detective [1557351] ×1 LDP [1580562] ×1 Drizzle [1607391] ×1 Cthulhu [1616063] ×1 maxblaster [1869494] ×1 CapturerHulkmad [1904837] ×1

Hopslam [795412]

2017 Teams List


Pacifists
Pink Power
'Murica
Ninjas
Short Bus
Rebel Front
Original Gangsters
Mountain Men
Nerdz
Pirates
Illuminati
Green Army



https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=2&t=16016956&b=0&a=0

^visit that thread for this year's team selection discussions

--------------------------

Original Post:

Here we are about 10 days or so away from the start of this year's Elimination competition.

Link to last year's newspaper article recording the Finale (https://www.torn.com/news.php?ID=237)

How will you choose your team this year?

Will you join the same team as last year if you have the same option?

Will you communicate more with other friends before choosing this year?



Lastly, will you attempt to break the records of last year's top 10 attackers?



Thief - Mountain Men - 1436

BFM - Knitting Circle - 1212

Kniv - Ninjas - 1175

I-Love-You - Ninjas - 1129

1by1takeyoudown - Mountain Men - 1113

Proxima - Mountain Men - 1018

Capturerhulkmad - Mountain Men - 1010

Angel - Original Gangsters - 1008

Has - Mountain Men - 951

Taktikz - Ninjas - 888




Mentions: What team did you pick?

LimitBreakr [1563326]

Hyyyyype I just want tokens,

Got all honors for Mountain Men, so thats great having already done it, I hope they don't introduce anything new that I have to put effort into pursuing, I just wanna attack people and get tokens
DAMINK [2009054]

I was thinking i might avoid the elimination this year. I was with the Mountain Men last time and got bored of it towards the end.
Xanet [2007324]

I was on the Mountain Men last year, so assuming they dont introduce any new competition specific merits, I got them all. Not sure I'll participate, but I'm already preparing in some ways.
5aces [2076194]

what is the "elimination competition"?? im asking because i wasnt here last year.. and want to win this!!
Hopslam [795412]

Ched's post:

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=1&t=15984376&b=0&a=0



Other newspaper article relating to last year's comp

https://www.torn.com/news.php?ID=236



Torn Wiki

https://www.torn.com/wiki/Annual_Competitions#September_-_Elimination



Original Elimination competition released too early on accident

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=65&t=15978990&b=0&a=0



a wee bit of lag

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=65&t=15979294&b=0&a=0



Elimination issue

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=65&t=15982971&b=0&a=0



a few Other GD forum threads for your reading pleasure... there wasn't that much to talk about last year

Elimination 2016 disaster or success? -- CindyFury

Joining the bandwagon: my view on elimination -- Wollongong

Elimination days by my eyes one by one -- CapturerHulkmad

Making Elimination Even Better -- GamerX

A Cynic's view to elimination -- _Cynic_

Elimination Competition -- Detective

What I like about the elimination game... -- seochogu

DDos is the key to win Elimination? -- magichorn

504 Errors and Unbearable lag - Elimination Broken -- Sky

Elimination snapshot [20/09/2016] -- Mat-Senpai

Decider in elimination -- Nyave

Elimination - which teams are the strongest? -- maxblaster

Elimination - I'm annoyed. -- denyull

Elimination top hitters - final hits -- LDP

elimination strategy [how to win 100%] -- Mat-Senpai

Elimination... -- SlayerSD


Mentions: _Cynic_ [206537] · CapturerHulkmad [1904837] · CindyFury [345050] · Cthulhu [1616063] · Detective [1557351] · Drizzle [1607391] · GamerX [2013504] · LDP [1580562] · magicBear [1515506] · Mat-Senpai [952164] · maxblaster [1869494] · Nyave [2002851] · seochogu [1965284] · Sky [380980] · Wollongong [12833] · 504 Errors and Unbearable lag - Elimination Broken · A Cynic's view to elimination · DDos is the key to win Elimination? · Decider in elimination · Elimination - I'm annoyed. · Elimination - which teams are the strongest? · Elimination 2016 · Elimination 2016 disaster or success? · Elimination Competition · Elimination competition (not this month!) · Elimination days by my eyes one by one............ · Elimination issues · Elimination snapshot [20/09/2016] · elimination strategy [how to win 100%] · Elimination top hitters - final hits · Elimination... · Joining the bandwagon: my view on elimination · Making Elimination Even Better · New database server otw · What I like about the elimination game...

Hopslam [795412]

wonder what the 12 selected team names will be this year.....? what new team name(s) will be added to this year's mix

Ched said there was 17 options to choose from last year and more to be added in next years, of which 12 are randomly selected for the competition
-TL- [2066849]

My predictions for this year's elimination :

- the team in which DUDE joins will be out of the competition within the first 2 days.


Collete [1389080]

Having been in a team with SA DUDE Id rather not do it this year incase I got stuck with him again , torn rules are not enforced in the forums or chats .
Hopslam [795412]

^ Yeah some players waited it out a day or so to avoid certain players/teams....... but at the same time, some teams filled up to the max capacity of 1000 members, so if you're planning on participating, you have to join before your 4 options fill up
Tempest [1867527] Wiki Contributor

So you still need two merits



First one for being in top 3 and 2nd one for being first.



I am also missing the merit for being in first team
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

I only need the 5% merit so I will either try to get into a shitty team where I can get that without a huge effort or just leech and make a few token hits for cheap tokens.
Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]

I hope they make multiple elimination times this year.

If I join in my strategy will be to avoid AOW teams and keep an eye out on who will be the "pirates" team as their flaw was they were too good so everybody piled into them.

But it went on for so long last year I may just skip it and enjoy the forum show instead.