Furniture and clothing store Nerfed. Anyone have any objections?
new Nerfs
Started by miro [1689701] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 171 / 171 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 171
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 60 / 100
- Historical score
- 35 / 100
- Story score
- 72 / 100
- Engagement score
- 85 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- All_in_Ken [557912]
· 26 likes ·
If the clothing store was SO HUGE then why is there not 200 clothing stores? Because everything else sucks being in one, that's why. NO money, no energy, no nothing. We give up a lot being in one, and just … - g_ho [1261819]
· 24 likes ·
I remember buying my furniture store back when they announced the new perks; it was the clear winner. spent time and money getting it to 10-star. then they nerfed it to 250% which was so disappointing. I'd be going out … - All_in_Ken [557912]
· 23 likes ·
If I'm equal in stats to another player, Im in a clothing store earning nothing, he's in a rig making 100s of millions, I better win 100% of the time in a fight. otherwise I'd be in a rig. If …
Mentioned in this thread
HenkiePuk [1043621] ×1
Furniture and clothing store Nerfed. Anyone have any objections?
I object!
Damn, my bet was on Marlon sucking up the karma.
FTR nah kick was OP
both kick and clothing were way OP. I think clothing should be further reduced tbh
I wasn't really aware of how OP it was as I've never used it or particularly noticed its effects, but fair enough!
Isn't the 20% nerf already huge? (25% to 20% is a 20% nerf, a 5% reduction before the comments are no it's a 5% nerf)
Furniture nerf was long overdue. Don't know why it took so long.
It was only a matter of time, never made sense that kick was more powerful than a weapon that costs billions
Edit: For grammar
Its big yes but look at the kick nerf which was right on par with OP % of the clothing store. Should have been equally reduced
Where's this or was it just announced?!
Bulletin Board you scrub I even linked it in fac chat
I don't see it in fac chat
And yeah just saw it now give me ur money
Furniture was nerfed before this update, now it's just a little less nerfed. Only in Torn is a kick as powerful as top tier weapons...
depends on who is giving the kick.
A chuck Norris roundhouse can stop a planet from spinning.
hire me pls
Am I the only one slightly bothered by the Driving Skill nerf to the TV special?
Any racer knows how long it takes to go up .1 in the higher Driver Skill levels, I am only 17.7 so I can only imagine the 35+ DS players, so the idea of +1 to DS sounded incredible, instead of months to go from 35->36 it could be one press pass. Now changing it to .5 does make sense, but if they were going to redo it why would they not make it a scaling amount?
This is effectively saying that 5->5.5 is the same as 35->35.5, everything else like this is % based, and if that was too hard why not just make it the equivalent of 1000 laps run?
Rant over, back to Kick = Dual Bushmasters....
I personally didn't mind Kick of Doom being stronger than top tier weapons. I'd agree it was a bit OP and furniture has a lot to offer but weapons you keep, KoD you lose if you leave the company so they aren't exactly the same, to me, though the comparison is consistently made.
Clothing on the other hand has nothing to offer but passives so imo increasing it to 10* and reducing the perk to 20% was a pretty big nerf, anymore could kill off the company for the most part.
Just my opinion though
just a little to think about for those who are saying clothing store is not strong i recently tested out some attacks from a clothing store
http://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=attackLog&ID=92d9568bd27e6870168cdf72cbd79a80
supermikk 8 bill strength and 2.1bill defence vs my 5.2bill strength and 2.7 bill defence both hit each other 7 times look at the difference i personally think it should be 10-15% armor blocks a hell of a lot of damage i think ched and his devs need to do a lot of test attacks with different range of stats to find some thing fair simple fact is if i equip a sero against supermikk its going to take him 2-3 attacks to beat me in a clothing store that is a HUGE HUGE advantage
25% passive dex isn't anything else to offer? ;-